stalking

—

Josie sat in the back of Stiles' jeep with Liam, the pair being 'recruited' to help the Stilinski get information on Theo Raeken.

Did she want to go? Not really, but Liam said yes and she wanted to spend time with him. And if that meant budding into someone else's business, then so be it.

"What's a Criminal Tremor?" Liam asked, lifting a paper to his face.

Stiles snatched the sheet away from him, "It doesn't matter."

As they began to exit the school parking lot, Josie's questions started,

"So what exactly are we doing?"

"We aren't going anything." He corrected her, "Liam's gonna try and track Theo while I help and you give him compliments and reassurance if he expectantly fails."

"You expect me to fail?" The Dunbar frowned, his question going unanswered.

"So...stalking?"

"If you want to call it that." Stiles shrugged his shoulders, glancing at her from the rear view mirror.

"What? Call it what it is?" The Anders made a face, "You know, for a Sheriff's son, you seem to break quite a lot of laws. Such as, you know...stalking."

"It's not stalking, Josie." He huffed, "I'm just getting the information that no one else seems to care about, okay? If I have to do a little following, then so what?"

Josie and Liam shared a look at the frustration that covered the older teens features,

"Whatever you say."

•••

"I told you he was up to something."

"We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom." Josie started, Liam taking this as an opportunity to finish her sentence,

"He better be out here covering up a mass murder."

"Let's find out. You still got his scent?"

Liam shook his head, pointing to the footprints in the mud, "Don't need it."

•••

It had only been a few minutes into their walk before Josie began to notice Liam's mood shift,

"What's wrong?" The concern in her voice was enough for Stiles to look back at them,

"I forgot, I was supposed to meet Mason at the school gym."

Stiles furrowed his brows, "Okay, why didn't you just tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

"Anything."