sisters

—

Malia was Ryder's sister. And Peter was a cheating asshole. But that was beside the point.

You can imagine the look of shock and anger that coated the Miller's face once she realized that practically everyone knew aside from Malia and herself. Austin wasn't aware either, but Ryder chopped that up to the pack not wanting to risk him telling the girls.

She knew her boyfriend was a bit of a blabber mouth.

She didn't chase after Malia when she left, she wanted to allow her the time she needed to think over the news.

Ryder took a deep breath, brushing off Stiles' hand as he tried to reach out and apologize to her.

Was she upset? Yes, and rightfully so, though she felt like Malia had more of a reason to be mad as the girl was genuinely lied to by the people she trusted most. The people who taught her about 'friendship and trust' were the first people to lie to her face when given the chance.

Ryder was mad because they knew how she felt about being Peter's daughter. They knew she hated being the odd one out because she was biologically related to the man that started all of this. There was only one other person that she could have related to and they kept that away from her.

Ryder couldn't help the way her eyes filled with tears as she opened the door to her home. She could hear the sighs of relief come from Aaron and Ramona's mouths as she entered the living room.

"Thank God. Ryder—what's wrong?"

"Peter has another daughter."

Aaron's brows pulled in, "What?"

"It's Malia." She nodded, "She's my sister."

Ramona's face fell in realization, "Ryder, honey—"

"And they knew." She finished, "Scott, Stiles, Kira, Lydia, hell, even Allison. They all knew. And none of them thought to tell me."

Her parents kept quiet as she sat down on the couch, "Malia's crushed. I don't even think it clicked in her head that we're related. I think she's more upset that she's Peter Hale's daughter, which I don't blame her for. I tried looking for her, nowhere to be found."

"Ry—"

"I'm going to bed. It's been a long day, I almost died, I'm sure you guys know about that. I'm alive and well, I'm glad you two are okay." She huffed, "I love you both. Goodnight."