Chapter 60 - Formal Introduction

Present day

Present day.

I open my eyes to see my little baby still napping. I look at the windows to see the sun is still up so I must have not been asleep for long.

The dream that I just had comes back to me. I sit up, sighing and rubbing my face in exhaustion. I'm going to go crazy, and my delusional dreams aren't helping, though they bring me comfort in some way.

I stand to go look for Anna. I find her in Ace's study, looking at a photograph. She has a small smile on her lips and tears lining her eyes.

"Is Silas here yet?" I ask, kneeling down beside her, staring at the picture in her hands.

"No." She quietly responds.

It's a picture of a beautiful couple with a young boy and a little girl. It's her, her parents, and Ace. I give her a hug from the side as we both stare at the picture. I see a resemblance of them all in Dahlia.

"I miss them. I know he's just left but his absence is something I can strongly feel." She tells me, lightly touching the picture.

"They're always watching, dear. You'll always carry them in your heart too." I lightly squeeze her shoulders.

In that moment the doorbell rings. "I'll go get it."

"I'll be right there. I'm just going to blow my nose." She chuckles standing from the chair she was sitting in.

I leave the study and go to open the door for Silas. He stands there in his sunglasses, but he seems to be doing so much better.

"Silas, come in-"

I cut myself off when he moves to the side. and

I see the man standing behind him. My body stays still from the shock, and I can't process any thoughts. I can only think that I'm hallucinating now.

I stare at him for quite a while until I finally speak. "Ace." His name leaves my lips so quietly.

He smiles. His beautiful smile tells me that this isn't one of my dreams and that I am not hallucinating. I smile too because he is here. He's alive and he's here looking at me. He is real.

He opens up his arms for me and the moment he does I run into them not wasting a second. I hug him as tight as I can as I break into tears. He hugs me back just as tight, and I feel so safe. Sobs and cries leave me while I inhale his scent as I feel the warmth of his body. I don't let go because I don't want to. I'm afraid that if I do, he will disappear from my arms. I am afraid to look at him only to see he isn't actually here.

"I'm so sorry, sunflower." He kisses my head repeatedly.

"I'm alive, my love." He whispers to me, burying his face into my neck.

"Lucia-" Anna's voice sounds from behind me.

I only force myself to pull away so that she can see and hug him too. Her eyes fill up with tears in seconds and she breaks into tears before even hugging him.