Chapter 50 - Put Through Enough

I lightly smile watching Tatiana feed her grandson

They've only known each other for a day, and they already seem to have such a strong bond. I've been talking with Tatiana all morning and Ace and his family came up in the conversation. She told me that she visited them and that they told her about what Andrew and Eric did to them and their parents. She cried so much. I don't think I've ever seen someone display so much pain in their eyes. The woman is such a sweet person, and I can confidently say that she deserves so much more than what she has been given.

I ended up telling her that I knew it all and that Ace is Dahlia's father. She was so confused but I explained things to her. Tatiana promised and assured that I have all her support for whatever I decide to do with my relationship with her son.

We've drank some tea and now we're spending time with Parker. She's been very loving toward him, and the baby boy very well seems to love his grandmother so much.

Tatiana and I both look up toward the entrance when we unexpectedly hear someone burst in through the front door. Eric soon walks into the room looking so tired and stressed. He looks awful. He has barely been here for the past week. I heard that it has something to do with the company. I also saw that they've gone bankrupt, and it brought me bit of joy. I can just imagine the regret my father must be feeling in these moments.

Eric immediately notices his son and his face brightens a little. He walks toward his mother, and he lowers his head, kissing his sleeping son on the head.

"My prince is here." He states not even questioning that his mother just met him.

"Mother, how good it is to see you." He then kisses her on the head.

"Where is Sophie? Shouldn't she be looking after my son?" He questions walking toward me to also give me one of his kisses to the head.

"She's been having some problems and asked if we could look after Parker for a while." It's surprising that he still doesn't know what happened to her.

He doesn't seem to care and only nods.

Eric suddenly looks at me as if remembering something. "Marco is alive."

His mother looks away from him. I also told her about that. I told her about all the things has said to me and done. I couldn't help myself from opening up.

Eric searches my face for a reaction, but I stay emotionless and neutral. I don't know what he wants me to do or how he wants me to react. He's about to speak when his phone sounds. He pulls it out from his suit jacket to look at the message he received. His face hardens and his jaw clenches as he looks at whatever he got sent.

"I see you already knew that." He quietly speaks, a smile on his lips but it's not positive.

I don't get to react in time when he throws his phone on the couch and suddenly grabs me by the arm, harshly pulling me up from the couch. His hold is so painful that it hurts even more trying to free myself from him.