Chapter 29 - Leave It All Behind

Last night was not what I expected at all

Cat noticed when I walked out the bathroom and that Ace walked out right after me. She gave me a look and I couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed. I acted as if I was clueless all while Ace didn't seem ashamed even a little bit to know that my sister knew. He unashamedly fixed his tie in front of her and then didn't stop staring at me for the rest of the night.

Eric almost immediately disappeared after excusing himself and so did his assistant. They both coincidentally left but for different reasons that they used as an excuse to leave together. I'm glad that things turned out like that. Eric has a habit of observing me and having his eyes glued onto me when we're out. He would not have missed what happened if he would have been there and everything would have been disaster.

When I got home, he was apparently already in his bedroom asleep. I didn't bother to check because I don't care. Instead, I went up to my room to shower and get ready for bed. I also had a little snack before falling asleep to the thought of Ace and our future together. Every day my hopes just keep going up. I'm afraid of how badly things can go and how horrible I will feel if this all doesn't go according to plan.

My day of freedom feels so far away, and it pains me, but I realize that I have to be patient and let things come together on their own as they should.

A kiss to my cheek from my favorite person interrupts my thoughts. "Don't go."

Ace shoves his face into my neck, leaving soft and pleasant kisses. The feeling lingers on my skin and it's one of the best feelings there could ever be. I swear that every day I fall in love with him even more. It feels as if my heart will explode.

"We've spent the whole day together. I have to go before Eric or anyone else starts looking for me." I smile when he immediately kisses me on the lips before sighing.

"The sun hasn't even gone down." He goes back to burying his face in my neck and keeping it there.

"It's about to." I pick up his face in my hands.

He has a fake sad look that makes me chuckles. I kiss the frown on his lips and then I stand from the couch. I take my purse indicating that I am leaving now. Ace stands as well looking very unhappy that I almost roll my eyes at how dramatic he is being.

With another sigh he puts a hand on my waist and kindly leads me to the door. It's not until we are outside of my car that I turn to look at him. I get a sudden weird feeling in my body when I finally look at him again. His eyes are a lighter brown from the sun hitting his beautiful face.

"You're my whole heart, Ace." The words leave my lips without me having to think them or even process them.

He smiles and this moment almost feels dreamlike.

"You're my whole life, Lucia." He steps closer to me and cups my face with his hands.

Ace gives me a gentle look before giving me a tender kiss on the forehead. He then lightly pulls me into his arms. The hug is light, and I close my eyes as I hug him back, lying my head on his chest. A sigh of what feels like relief accidentally escapes me. I feel so safe and loved with him.