Chapter 27 - One and Only

I carefully and quietly open the door hoping and praying that Eric isn't home anymore

I am actually hoping that he didn't realize that I didn't come home last night but I can't be so delusional. I'm sure that he kept his word and waited for me all night.

I enter the house and just as I had not wanted, Eric is standing there near the huge staircase of the house waiting for me. He looks at me but there isn't a single thought behind his eyes in an almost scary way. He calmly stands as I shut the door behind me, and he walks toward me until he is only inches away from me.

"Where were you, Lucia?" The anger that I had expected to see at first seems to be gradually getting to him.

"I had a few drinks and my sister decided to take me to her house-"

He abruptly pushes me back against the door, my back hitting it a bit hard.

"Are you trying to make a fool out of me?" He slams his hand down on the wooden door very close to my head. It causes me to flinch while realizing that he is kind of terrifying.

"I was with Catalina." I insist, continuing with my lie. I refuse to tell him the truth. I rather anything else than for him to find out.

"Why weren't you answering your phone? I was calling you all night and morning." He's furious to the point he is breathing hard without realizing it.

"I left it in the car and didn't realize it until I was making my way back here." The lies are so easily coming out of me.

"I was drunk so I don't know how you expect me to have been functioning properly last night." I add as he lowers his head down to my neck.

A chill from the disgust I feel having him so close runs down my body as he sniffs me. He pulls away from me completely and looks me in the eyes. I can't tell what he is feeling anymore or what could be going through his mind. It's just complete silence as we both stare each other down.

"We have a charity gala to attend next week." He looks away from me.

"Call my mother for the details and go buy yourself a gown and whatever else you need." Are the only words coldly spoken before he leaves, heading for his office.

A breath escapes when he is finally gone. I then proceed to quickly head to my room to shower and change into something comfortable. It's already quite late in the day so I think I'll spend the rest of it lounging around the house.

I look up from my food to see Anna smiling like an idiot

Feeling my stare, she looks at me and her smile grows. I give her a questioning look and she giggles. It reminds me of Silas, and I hate it.

"What?" I question and she clears her throat, putting her utensils down.

"I see that you had an amazing night." Her statement makes me more confused. How the fuck?

There's no way that she could possibly know that Lucia visited me yesterday. My silence and confusion cause her to point to her neck indicating my own. I move my hand to the side of my neck, brushing my fingertips against my skin only to feel a sensitive spot.

The look of more confusion on my face makes Anna slightly laugh as she pulls a heart shaped compact mirror from her purse. She opens it up looking at herself first before turning it around to face me. I look in the mirror at my neck and that's when I realize and see that I have a hickey.

I then remember last night when Lucia and I were in bed cuddling and that she was kissing my neck and obviously doing more as I told her some stories about my life. I didn't do the same for obvious reasons.

"Lucia?" Anna has a knowing smile as she puts her mirror away.

"The one and only." I nod not being ashamed in the slightest.

"I hope so." She gives me a threatening look that isn't even scary or intimidating but at least she's trying.

It makes me happy that she likes Lucia, and that Lucia likes her. They're the two most important people in my life, and Silas, kind of. He's like a brother to me.

"My one and only." I correct myself without really thinking and it makes Anna smile harder.

"I never thought I'd see the day where you would be head over heels for someone. I was seriously convinced that you were going to die alone." She picks her utensils back up to continue eating.

"Me neither but she's the best unexpected thing that has ever happened to me." Again, I speak without thinking and acknowledging that I'm talking to my sister.

I ignore the look she gives me this time as I go back to eating my dinner. I begin to think back to this morning. The way that Lucia looked when she walked into the kitchen with only my shirt on her. It felt so good and so right.

We spent the morning together. It was so calm, and it felt very normal. I'm convinced it's what our mornings will be like when we're married. They will only get more magical the older we grow together. We'll even share some of those moments with our children. The sole thought of a beautiful future with her where we create a beautiful and precious family fills me with excitement and content. It isn't something I have ever thought of, but it sounds like heaven. Anything that has to do with my sunflower is the best possible thing in my life.

The magic got ruined when she finally looked at my watch when I was getting dressed as she put it on me. She realized the time and in that exact moment we were brought back to our reality. She had to rush and get home to her husband.

It filled me with so much rage, it always does. I realize that he is the one in my place. The rage is so terrible that it's almost impossible to describe.

I should be the one that she calls husband and I hate the fact that I'm not. I'm her little side bitch. It does make me feel better though that I'm not sharing her with him or anyone else. She's mine just as much as I'm hers.

_________________________________