Chapter 41 - Knife To The Throat

I hesitantly knock on the white wooden door

It takes a few seconds before I hear the door unlock and then it opens. A surprised look appears on Sophie's face, and I only offer her a smile.

"Mrs. Donnelley, come in." She motions for me to enter, and I do.

"Call me, Lucia." I tell her and she nods.

"Lucia, what may I assist you with?"

"With telling me how you've been. I came to check on you." I inform her causing her to look at me with surprise once more.

"I'm fine. Just a little stressed because I haven't found a job." That's right, I forgot Eric fired her.

"Thank you for all the gifts that you've sent." She suddenly tells me, leading me to her living room.

"It's not a problem at all. They're for you and your baby. He is Eric's son and you're his mother." I take a seat on one of her couches smiling at the little boy who is taking a nap with pillows surrounding him in case he moves so that he won't fall.

"You aren't angry?" She questions with confusion.

"No, not at all. I've known since I got married that you and Eric had a thing. I also knew that your son is also his son the moment I saw him at the park." I say looking at the cute little boy.

Babies are so innocent and look like such angels when they're sleeping.

"Wait, are you not in love with Eric?" She questions now and I shake my head.

"No, I couldn't even attempt to love him." I admit honestly.

"Then what about Dahlia?"

"It's a long story." That I don't trust her enough to tell her about.

"And for your information, I've never slept or have been with Eric in any way." I add in to clear my name. She seems shocked at that for some reason.

"He has insulted me and compared me to you after you got married. He would brag about your sex life." Her sudden words are horrifying.

"Well that sex life is nonexistent. I would rather eat dirt than let him near me." I can't believe this.

"Do you love him?" I ask even though I'm sure of what the answer is.

She nods and almost seems ashamed of it.

"I advise you to lose those feelings. He is a horrible man as I'm sure you've seen." I see the way she adverts her eyes from me. It seems she is completely aware.

"I know but I'm so delusional that I've convinced myself that he will change. I believe that he can love me the way he loves you and that he will give me my place as the mother of his son." She seems to be so far gone.

"He doesn't love me. I see it more as like a sick obsession. If he loved me he would also not insult me every chance he gets." He also wouldn't do many more things like threaten me.