"Yeah, Yeah." She waved him dismissively. "Now go. After that, we are taking Dhwani Bhabhi for an ice cream and back home. Rashi Aunty invited me for dinner today."

Rolling his eyes at her plans, he walked towards the gate and took in the guard who sulked in his chair. The man did not bother to raise his gaze and check who was entering the premises.

Tapping on his register, Rakshit cleared his throat. "Enjoying your day, sir?"

The sarcastic smile had the man stand abruptly, excuses were quick to follow after his rushed greeting.

"Mr. Chauhan?" He gasped in shock, gaping like a goldfish. "Sorry, sir. Sorry."

"Save it." Rakshit snorted at his lack of attention and noted to bring this to Dhwani and her team to take the necessary actions.

Opening the side door, he stepped into the front porch that had plants surrounding the border and a compound for the kids to play. At his left was the garden that looked deserted. Concluding, he made his way inside the gate and in the corridors that always buzzed with laughter and shrieks. Today was no different.

Dhwani Chauhan was an inspiration for many social workers and NGOs. She was doing an exceptional job in handling the Gayatri Devi Foundation which pulled charity funds from the other business groups easily. Some donations were made anonymously but were given equal recognition by her social media team who did a fabulous job.

"Mr. Chauhan?" A man in his mid-fifties spotted him and waddled his way to him. His pork belly was to be blamed. "We were not informed about your visit, sir. Are you here to drop some file or is it another donation cheque?"

The other Chauhans never made impromptu visits but this man asking his motive outrightly made Rakshit bite back a surprised scowl.

"No, none of that." He assessed the man and smirked "I am here for an inspection. It is peculiar that Mrs. Dhwani Chauhan hid it from you, Prakash ji. Does she doubt you too?"

"Inspection?" He stuttered, paling like a ghost. "B-but so suddenly?"

"Inspections are always sudden, no?" He rolled his lip inside to stop snickering. "And, I am not alone. My team of 20 people will be here any minute. You see, I was instructed to check everything. All nook and corners."

"But why?" Prakash snapped suddenly but he was quick to cover it with a fake smile. "I mean, why t-today? The office hours are over. Why bother them, sir? You can come tomorrow morning. I will have everything ready."

"You are right, Prakash ji." Rakshit nodded with a thoughtful expression, dramatically to be precise, as if understanding his point. "Why keep them working? I should tell them to wrap up and come tomorrow. How about I go through the place alone?"

The man sweated profusely making him doubt more. What could he be hiding? A mere word and he was trembling in fear.

Were things as picture-perfect as Dhwani made the world believe?

"I will take your silence as a yes." Rakshit piped and pocketed his fists as the man jumped in alarm. "How about you tell me where Dhwani Mam is? I shall have a word with her before starting."

"Yes, yes. Why not." He wiped his face and forehead while he nodded shakily. Turning, he gestured for Rakshit to follow. "Dhwani mam is in room 112. She brought in a woman today and been with her the entire time."

Curiosity frizzled in his veins while he typed a quick text to his team. There would be an inspection the following morning with or without Dhwani's knowledge. Things were fishy and he could smell them all over the place from a mile away.