Soon, I was hugging Uncle Theo, he patted my head. I am so relieved, I feel my eyes tearing up.

But soon the emotional hug got parted as Uncle Theo greeted Riccardo as if he is a bigger person. He is the most powerful man.

Of course. he never bows.

The dinner was going well, Bruce and I were having some small talk, it felt nice to talk with him. Like every childhood family dinner played in my mind.

Uncle Theo said breaking the harmony, "So... Cherish... Sweetheart, I heard a lot about your wedding.... is that all true?"

Bruce said in between, "Father, let it aside... she is happy now...."

I looked down, Am I happy?

No... I don't feel it....

I notice Riccardo was looking at me intensely, his hand went to take the wine glass. Why is he giving me this attitude?

Uncle Theo warned, "Bruce... I asked Cherish something...."

I looked at Uncle Theo, He said, "I heard you ran away...."

I looked at him saying, "Because..... I didn't wanted the marriage....." I saw Riccardo smirking as he sipped his drink.

Bruce said, "You know the situation...... Your father had no options...."

I glared at him as tears filled my eyes. Uncle Theo stated, "He did.... Every one of us had 2 hands... and these are lot to protect our child... Her father just Panicked!!!... Fool!!!"

He is angry, I knew Uncle will understand me.

I heard Riccardo, "And my one had is enough to protect my wife... I don't need to be part of you to save her....." I felt my heart racing, even though things are not that greet between us.

I looked away as I saw his intense gaze on me. He gets me nervous every time. Uncle Theo said, "that's true..... but I didn't wanted her to marry in rush, to someone she doesn't know....."

Riccardo said, "She has enough time to know me now... Be at ease, I give her everything she got in your family... I try to give her better...."

Uncle Theo looked at me for a while, he said, "Cherish....Eat,dear...."

I said out not caring what he said before I speak, "I want something from you.... Uncle Theo...."

He gave me a assuring look, I whispered, "I want to stay here for few days.... can I?" I noticed the shock and anger on Riccardo's face.

2 days later,

Riccardo's POV:

I poured myself a drink looking at the wall, the wedding picture hangs so prideful, while this castle is already tainted by my bride begging to stay away from me.

I gave her everything, every damn thing but she still begged her Uncle to stay there. But is it for few days or....

I closed my eyes stopping my mind, I gulped another drink. I realized I was looking at the 2nd empty bottle, I have taken too much alcohol.

I surely don't want to die right now, yea... I feel like killing someone.... but I need to live for my wife, how sad it would be if I die of alcohol when my wife is still too young....

I am surely drunk, But am I am angry.

I whispered looking at the picture, "Cherish.... Love, are you well there?....." If She was here, I could have seen you myself, but I think right now it's better to let you alone.

I went to the bed, landing there, the bed is losing her smell. God! she needs to come back soon, or I will go crazy.

The comfort from my own house is missing, How deep she went in my head and heart?

I dialed a number, I want to complain. She should know what she does, what her actions make me feel?

She hurts me!

And I love her damn too much... that I don't want to tell her that.

I pressed my phone on my ear, it got answered after few more rings, I heard her voice, "Hello?"

I took a deep breath, heavens I needed this.

I closed my eyes as I said, "Cherish..."

I got silence from other end, why things are so complicated between us?

I should have approached her the other way, but I am sure she would have never married me, if I took the normal way. He was already in bad impression of me, even when she never saw me.

I can tell that, her gaze told me that.

What was I supposed to do?

I got my chance and I took it!

I asked, "You are not going to speak.... or should I bring you back...."

I heard her, "Riccardo...."

Sh*t! Damn it!!!

She has a sweet voice ..... I can die for this voice

I said, "Are you ok?..... Your fever never came back, right?"

I heard her arrogant reply, "I thought you were angry on me!!!.... and now pretending to care!"

I found my hand in my hairs, I whispered, "I am angry..... and I care...."

I heard her, "Is that why you called?.... I don't think that benefits you?"

I said back to her, "I do not need benefits to call my wife.... You are my wife.... I can do a lot of things to you.... and you cannot stop me...."

I heard her silence.

I asked, "When are you coming back?"

I want a clear answer, but she never answered me. I heard her, "Good night, Riccardo..." the call ended.

I looked at my phone. I wanted to throw it away in anger, but I realized the wallpaper was her face. I smirked keeping my phone away.

"Sooner or later...you have to come to me....."