Chapter 5

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the differences that I can make
We got yeah we got a lot at stake
And in the end you're still my friend atleast we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn, how to bend without the world caving in

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up 🥀
--------

The pulsating music that once filled the air had been silenced, replaced by the haunting echoes of my own sobs

The pulsating music that once filled the air had been silenced, replaced by the haunting echoes of my own sobs. The room, once alive with laughter and celebration, now felt like a cavern of solitude, a space where the remnants of a shattered night lingered.

Brandon's arms, a safe anchor, embraced me as if shielding me from the aftermath of the storm. My cries resonated against the walls, a raw expression of the pain that Tessa's words had unleashed. He held me close, a silent reassurance that I wasn't alone in facing the wreckage.

As my sobs gradually turned into sniffles, Brandon's touch remained, a constant presence amid the quiet chaos. He kept caressing my hair whispering sweet reassurances in my ear and pressed me closer.

"Talk to me, sweetheart. I need to know what triggered you so much". Brandon murmured.

"It doesn't matter now" I murmured back.

He sighed and pulled away slightly and cupped my face looking at me with a familiar warmth and tenderness.

"It matters to me, darling. I care about you more than words can ever explain" He whispered joining our foreheads.

"I want to know and understand better so that I can be there for you, darling. Please, I'm here for you. Pour your heart out to me" He continued.

My blood ran cold at the thought of even considering of sharing it with someone. The weight of an untold story hung heavy in the air as I stood on the edge of vulnerability. This was a part of my past, a chapter I had guarded fiercely, shared only my family and Ava, my steadfast confidante and bestfriend. As Brandon's arms tightened around me, I felt a gentle coaxing toward the edge of disclosure.

Hesitation danced with the desire to unburden myself, to let someone else in on the guarded secrets that had shaped me. The room, once echoing with my cries, now waited in hushed anticipation. I trembled, torn between the fear of judgment and the yearning to share a piece of myself that I had long kept concealed.

In the warmth of Brandon's embrace, I felt the walls around my emotions threatening to crumble. The vulnerability of exposing this part of my past made my heart race, but the tender understanding in his eyes offered a glimmer of solace. I grappled with – apprehension, trust, and the tentative hope that Brandon's empathy could soothe the scars etched into my past.