Chapter 36: Transformation. (A Symbol for a Symbol)

Start from the beginning

"Crud," he said. "That's difficult."

Luke looked at him in anger. "WHY IN CHAOS'S NAME WOULD YOU WASTE ENERGY?" He yelled.

Bellerophon blinked in surprise. "Wha- oh," he said as he saw the ball.

Luke's eye twitched, and he pulled out a small glass ball from his cloak.

"Go get Red," he said as he threw the ball at Bellerophon, who's eyes widened. "What! Don't make me -"

The ball hit him and exploded. His entire body suddenly glowed a bright purple and then disappeared with a POP.

"What just-" Nico began to say, before being interrupted by a portal opening next to him.

The rest of the team walked through it, and all looked up.

"Chaos's great big finger, it really is a Code rainbow," Orpheus said in surprise. Nico looked at him in confusion.

Suddenly, two bright spotlights shot out of the ball, so bright that the colors almost blinded the people looking.

And then, the ball began to scream.

"Here we go..." Zoe said, grasping her bow tightly.

Then the ball hit the ground like a meteorite, and exploded into multi-colored light.
----------------------------------------------------------

Percy slowly rose out of the smoking crater, the multi-colored smoke blocking most of his form.

He licked his lips. So much hope... all for him to consume. So much pain regret, and suffering to feed on. So much...

He laughed a maniacal laugh.

"U-uh, Hope?" Bianca asked uncomfortably. "Are you there?"

Percy chuckled. "Y'know, Skull, you really do regret sacrificing yourself. You could have grown up with brother, but instead, you had to do the hero thing."

"W-what?" Bianca asked, which made Percy smile menacingly under his mask.

"I can't wait to eat," he said. He pushed off the ground and shot out of the crater at lightning speeds, making a direct beeline towards Bianca.

Her eyes widened as Percy's form shot out of the smoke, but hardened in determination as she shadow-travelled out of his way.

Orpheus strummed his Lyre, and Percy wheeled around, lashing out and knocking the Lyre far out of Orpheus's grasp.

He jumped forwards, mouth unhinged, only to be pushed back by the wind.

"Stop, Hope," Hyacinthus said, his arms raised.

Percy glared at him and then popped out of existence.

"Oh shi-" Icarus began to say. Percy appeared behind Zoe, who had her bow drawn, and kicked the back of her leg before she could turn around, knocking her to the ground.

Luke and Icarus rushed forward at the same time, with a sword and fists, respectively.

Icarus's fists hardened into gold as he punched, every strike blocked by Percy.

Luke swung in unison, but Percy would either dodge or make it hit Icarus's fists.

Icarus threw a particularly strong punch, and Percy disappeared, reappearing behind Bianca and kicking her in the back. Icarus's fist collided with Luke's face, pushing him back.

Percy laughed and lunged towards Zoe. Nico shadow-traveled under her and punched him in the stomach, surprising him and making him stumble.

Taking the leg up they could, the team all attacked at once.

Zoe fired arrow after arrow, Hyacinthus controlled the winds to trap Percy, Orpheus played his Lyre to try and incapacitate him, Bianca radiated fear, Luke zipped around him, striking him with his sword, Icarus flew around, dive kicking and punching him, and Nico tried to trap him with bones.

Percy's cloak grew more and more ripped and more and more blood started to leak from using body as he took more and more damage.

He roared in anger and thrust his hand out, grabbing Luke by the throat.

Everyone stopped immediately, staring at the duo in fear. Luke struggled in Percy's grasp. "H-hope, c'mon man, you know you could never-"

"Shut up," Percy said as he squeezed Luke's throat. "Do you understand how much suffering is here in this camp? I could feed off this for millions of years."

"Hope... let him go," Orpheus said.

Percy's head whipped to look at him. "No. In fact..."

Percy extended his other arm out, and black lines traveled down it, forming his trident.

He raised it to Luke's face. "This scar around your eye always bugged me. You have the scar, but you still have sight? That doesn't seem right. But..." he licked his lips. "I'll fix that."

He pulled the trident back, aiming for the perfect spot.

Twang!

Percy gasped and arched his back, dropping Luke, who grabbed his neck and sucked in air on the ground.

Percy turned around to look at Zoe, who's bow no longer had an arrow notched.

He calmly pulled the bloody arrow out of his back and threw it to the ground.

"Really, Huntress?" He asked.

She nodded, face pale and sweaty. He chuckled, and didn't notice the multicolored swirls behind him.

"An arrow? I'm a PRIMORDIAL. Arrows don't do -"

CRASH!

Percy stumbled forwards, holding the back of his bloody head, before whipping around in anger.

Achilles stood there, hands outstretched, like he had just crashed a pot over someone's head. Because he had. Bellerophon stood behind him, head peeking over his shoulder.

"Really?" Percy laughed. "I just told this to Zoe, you can't-"

He suddenly spotted the shards of the jar on the ground. "Oh," he said simply.

Achilles nodded. "Yeah. One symbol destroyed for another."

Percy looked up at him. "You're a fu-"

He suddenly fell forward, face smashing into the ground, just barely missing the broken pottery shards of Pandora's jar.