meeting grandpa (pt 1)

Start from the beginning

"Ba ba! Ba ba!" Ivy says in response as she grabs the letter "I" block and holds it in her hand.

"That's the letter I! Let's see if we can find the V and the Y to spell your name, Ivy!" Doug says as Ivy giggles.

Doug and Ivy go through the letters and spells Ivy, Devi, daddy and mama.

"J, A, C, O, B! That spells Jacob!" Doug says as Ivy claps her hands. 

"Yay!" Ivy happily says as she claps her hands.

Just then, the front door opens.

An agent, Devi and Kamala all walk inside with Kamala taking her shoes off and Devi running around, giggling happily.

"Thank you, Frank for taking us over to the White House for a play date! What do you say to Mr. Frank, Devi?" Kamala says to Frank and then to Devi.

"Tank you!" Devi says as he hugs Frank's legs.

"You are very welcome, Madam Vice President and Devi." Frank says with a smile.

Frank leaves the residence and Devi and Kamala wash their hands in the small half bathroom before walking over to the living room.

The duo hear Ms. Rachel singing the ABCs, with Doug singing along and Ivy clapping her hands.

"Now I know my ABC's. Next time won't you sing with me?" Doug sings to Ivy along with Ms. Rachel, causing her to smile.

"MS. RACHEL!" Devi yells at he runs into the living room.

Ms. Rachel is a staple on the Vice President Residence as well as the White House!

 Rachel is a staple on the Vice President Residence as well as the White House!

*Ivy and Devi's outfits*

"Hey, Dev! Did you have fun with Mama, Nana and Jakey today?" Doug asks Devi and Devi jumps around happily.

"Hi, Daddy! And ya!" Devi says to Doug with a grin.

"That's great! I am so glad you had fun!" Doug says as he hugs and kisses Devi.

"Ba ba!" Ivy says as she waves at her big brother.

"Ivy! Miss you!" Devi says, hugging Ivy tightly.

"There's my girl! Hi, Ivy! Were you a good girl for Daddy?" Kamala asks Ivy with a smile.

"Ma ma!" Ivy says as she lets Devi go and crawls to her Mommy.

Ivy then does grabby hands up at Kamala.

"Hi, baby!" Kamala says as she picks up Ivy and kisses her cheeks. 

"She has been a good girl! She slept the majority of the time you and Devi were away for the play date." Doug says to Kamala with a smile. 

"I am really glad you are napping again! It has been a rough week, huh girly?" Kamala says as she fixes Ivy's hair bow.