Chapter 43

Vardhaan's POV

"Good Morning Maa" I said, sitting in the car. "Good Morning beta, Kya hua bada khush lag raha hai. Everything is sorted now?" Maa inquired. 

"Yeah! Sort of. But aap ko kese pata ki koi problem thi?" I asked her surprised that how did she know, when I never said anything to her. 

"Teri aawaz ne sab keh diya, bade dino baad itni chehak rahi hai. Mera andaza hai ki aab teri aur teri voti ke beech aab sab thik hai, hm?" She inquired, making me surprised again. 

"Maa, how, like just how did you know all of this? Do you spy on me?"

[Good morning beta, what happened, you sound very happy. Everything is sorted now?" Maa inquired. "Yeh! Sort of. But how did you know there was a problem?" I asked her surprised that how did she know, when I never said anything to her. "Your voice said it all, it is chirping so much after such a long time. I guess all is well between you and your wife now, huh?" She inquired, making me surprised again. "Maa, how, like just how did you know all of this? Do you spy on me?"]

She just laughed at me. We talked a little more during my journey till my office. Mann today feels so good, like everything with Koyal is sorted, and then I got to talk to my mother at the starting of the day. So I know today is going to be booming. I worked all day with a very joyous mood, and before I knew it was 4:30 pm. My last meeting of the day with my two best friends. They had not arrived yet so I thought to message my dear wife.

To Koyal:

Hey, how is your day going? Had lunch?

I was typing my message when I heard a dramatic scream. "Aaaaa oh mighty lord what did I just see!!!!" I kept my hands on my ears. "KABIRR" I said in irritation. 

"Get in idiot, don't shout on the door, the whole office just heard you." Dev said to him. "Vardhaaannn" He shouted coming near me. "Spare my ear drums Kabir." I requested to him, settling on the sofa.

Once we all were on comfortable Dev asked Kabir the most unwanted question, "What had you seen a few moments ago that you screamed so loud mate?" Like seriously, they are here for a business meeting, finish that fast idiots so I can go to my wife.

 "You won't believe if I say." Kabir said. " Why, what was he doing?" Dev asked again, matching Kabir's level of drama. "He..he was smiling like a fool looking at his phone." Kabir said, using all of his dramatic skills. "Interesting" Dev said, lifting his one eyebrow, then both looked at me. I knew I had to say something so I did.

"So, the packaging unit is having a lots of problems. I think one of us should visit the factory area what say?" Both of them gave me an unbelievable look yet continued with the meeting. Suddenly my phone beeped. I generally don't check my phone during professional meetings, but today is different and Dev is not speaking anything important so I checked my phone. The message was from Koyal.

Hey, my day went good. I watched some series.

I did have my lunch. What about you? Liked it?

Well, I think I should reply to her, these two assholes wont mind me being absent minded, but she will.

Yes I did. The curry was amazing.

Aah, I am glad you liked it.

I hope it was not like yesterday.

No, the lunch was absolutely delicious.

And yesterday's food was also not that bad.

Come on, don't be so modest.

I tasted yesterday's curry this morning.