Chapter 29

As Vardhaan drove out of Chopra nivas, he just kept driving. His mother had called him numerous time. He kept ignoring them. His mind was a mess. He was recollecting every memory since his childhood. Making him more sad and hurt. The entire day passed like this only. He was ignoring everyone from his family. Late afternoon Kabir called him, and Vardhaan answered it. 

"Bro, biwi kya aai, tut oh mujhe bhool hi gaya. Bhabhi ko aab toh Delhi le aa. Misunderstanding toh saab clear hai na aab. Wo humare group se bhi nahi milli hai aache se aab tak" Kabir voiced all his thoughts as soon as the call was answered.

[Bro, eversince your wife has come, you forgot me. Atleast bring sis in law to Delhi now. All misunderstandings are clear now tight. She hasn't even met our group properly till now.]

"Kabir, I think my marriage is not gona work." Vardhaan said to Kabir, ignoring his words. "What, what happened dude? Till Abhi's wedding everything was okay? Any new misunderstandig? Did you fight with her?" Kabir questioned him worriedly.

"No yaar, we don't fight. Even in that Rahul's matter we did not. The truth is we can't even talk to each other for more than five minutes let alone fight. Here we are like strangers, and my family wants a child. Like really! They think it's my responsibility to give them a child. I am tired Kabir, fulfilling their never ending expectation. Mom, can't she just think about me for once." Vardhaan expressed his feelings to his best friend. 

"Aah, leave your family for now, but why are you both like this?" Kabir asked Vardhaan. "Lack of time bro, you know I sent Koyal to US for her masters, then whenever she used to come back her time was my and her families or I would have some work, so we never lived together. Then before our marriage our great familes never let us meet or talk resulting to present situation." Vardhaan answered him.

"See bro, you know the problem already. You are aware of it. You have accepted it. First step to improve your relation is taken. Bhabhi also cares for this relation is clear as she denied for divorce. So all you have to do is calm down, spend some time together and yes stop being such a filial son to your parents. You must have understood till now that their expeaction is never ending." Kabir advised his friend. Vardhaan also felt good talking to him. He was calm now. He went to Koyal's house.

When Vardhaan entered Koyal's maternal uncle's house, the death anniversary pooja had just started. He was warmly welcomed by his in laws. Koyal when saw Vardhaan, she somewhat understood that he was feeling a little low. She wanted comfort him, so she decided to talk to him first today.

After the ritual was over, Koyal and Vardhaan after dinner went towards Chopra nivas. In the car, Koyal asked Vardhaan what happened and is he upset as soon as both of them were in the car. Vardhaan smiled at her and said "Nothing work stress, you tell me when are you going back?" "That... um you guess" Koyal replied him.

"No guess, please tell me when how many more days do I have with my beautiful wife" Vardhaan remarked playfully. Koyal blushed hearing him and then said again, "Hmm... to know that first treat me with Kulfi " Vardhaan chukled at her answer, but somewhere he was happy, happy that it was not a usual small talk atleast, and she asked him for something for the first time.

(Kulfi is a type of indian ice cream.)    

Vardhaan stopped near a roadside vendor and bought two kulfi. "Here you go, now tell me." "Actually I just gave my final exam so I am here till results which is three months from now." When Vardhaan heard he was very happy, and so was Koyal. "So will you stay here in Chandigarh or would you like to come to Delhi with me?" Vardhaan asked Koyal. Koyal looked at him, blushed and replied "I want to stay with you." When she said these, Vardhaan's happiness knew no bounds. He was now suddenly optimistic about this relationship. After all his wife was willing to stay with him.

When they were returning home, Vardhaan told that he was going to Delhi tomorrow. As they reached Chopra Nivas Gayetri was looking at her son with guilt full gaze. Smita asked Vardhaan about when was he returningto Delhi and Koyal to US. She asked it to reduce the awkward atmosphere of the house, as she was worried about the two new daughter in laws of the house, as of to what would they think and feel. Even though Koyal's marriage is 3 years old yet Smita and Gayetri consider her new due to the lack of time she spent with them.

When Vardhaan told her tomorrow and Koyal told about her plan everyone was happy. Gayetri immediately told that Koyal should also go with Vardhaan. She this time suggested this solely for son's happiness as she knew her son in the past was not happy. She did not want grandchildren right now as well. All she wanted was to prove to everyone especially her mother in law as of how much good mother she was and how good her upbringing was. But both her sons were failing to do so.

First Abinav went against her in laws and married his love. It's not like she did not like Anaya, but she always feared those accusing gaze of her mother in law. Vardhaan was her child that never let her down, so whenever he did something wrong, in her or the other members of the family it angered her to no next.

This always caused Gayetri to make her son do the things she knew he did not want. This made her good mother in everyone's eyes except in her own child's eyes. Today when Vardhaan said her all those things she felt guilty. She knew Vardhaan loved her the most in the whole family, yet she always made him do works against his will. She felt guilty using her son's love for her against him.

Anyways, everyone agreed with Gayetri, Aakash, Vardhaan's uncle and his brothers and sisters were giving him teasefull looks which made him blush and happy internally. His morning's angery and frustrated mood just disappeared with Koyal's one sentence. Koyal was also blushing ever since she felt the drastic change in Vardhaan's mood when she said that she wanted to stay with him.

Everyone was going to retire in their room, when Gayetri called Koyal. Vardhaan, was tensed that she would pressurize Koyal for a child, he tried stopping Koyal from going there, but Koyal still went to her.

"Maa, you called me?" She said. "Oh yes I wanted to tell you that I know you and Vardhaan did not enjoy your early married life phase, so now enjoy it. Be carefree of everything and work on your relationship. Don't stress on anything or on anyones words. Just know my son, live your life and be happy." Gayteri said, knowing her mother in law would surely tell Koyal her expectation.

"What did she say?" Vardhaan asked as soon as Koyal entered the room. "Oh nothing much or serious, she told me to think of this time as my newly married phase. She told me to know you, live my life and enjoy. And to not stress on anything or anyone's words. She is so sweet isn't she? I can't believe I got such nice mother in law." Koyal replied Vardhaan. Hearing her words, Vardhaan took a breath of relief. "Okay now let me pack, I have so much to do. Move aside." She stated and started to pack.

The night passed away peacefully. Both Koyal and Vardhaan were excited, for this new journey of life. Let's see what changes staying together brings in them. 

Hey guys

How's the chapter? 

Comment down your thoughts and vote for the chapter if you liked it.

See you in the next chapter