Chapter 8

With Koyal's acceptance of Vardhaan's proposal, the Chopra, Arora, and Singh families erupted in joy and celebration. The news of the impending engagement and marriage spread like wildfire, and the families couldn't be more excited. But the ones who were truly over the moon were Amarpreet Chopra and Kalyani Singh. They had been waiting for this day since a long time, hoping and praying that their grandchildren would agree for this arrangement. 

Koyal and Vardhaan would get married within the next 10 days. The newsof the impending engagement and marriage spread like wildfire, almost all thecity and big business families of the country knew about it. Two of India'sbiggest business families were getting into a familial relation. India's one ofthe most handsome, rich and budding CEO was getting married that too at the ageof 26, it was the most heartbreaking news to many young female socialites.Anyways, as the days went by, the excitement grew even more palpable. Thefamilies were busy making preparations for the engagement and wedding, ensuringthat everything was perfect for the couple's big day. Today was finally Vardhaan and Koyal's engagement. The day when these two shy andintrovert souls were gonna meet each other for the first time.  

Vardhaan's POV

Today is my engagement and on the ninth day after today is my marriage. I still am giving a cold shoulder to my family members but who am I kidding, with all of these marriage preparations going on they are not even noticing it.

"Ouch you idiot do it properly" I yelled at Sameer who is trying to make me a new hairstyle, so I look good, like seriously I already look good. "Bhai come on I did not intend to choke you, I am just trying to give you a better look" Sameer replied. "Really!? But I already look perfect so there is no room for improvement." As soon as I said this Abhinav started laughing like a maniac and Sameer made a weird face. "Bhai yaar you are too much...." He said while laughing and Sameer still had that done face. Nevertheless, he made me wear that pearl necklace, and Abhinav he spared the whole bottle of perfume, and my Amu (Amrita) she came with a broch. 

As sweet as my brothers and sister are, it is irritating me so I said them "Stop it guys, I am all ready, and I am not a girl Amu and Sameer that you guys are making me wear so much jewels." To which Sammer and Abhinav laughed and Amu getting offended replied "What do you mean, only girls wear jewels, Bhai that's why you should watch some serials.. especially historic once there you will see how many men wear jewelry. Be thankful to us or else bebe wanted you to wear Kundals as well." My face was horrified listening to her. "Whats up guys.... Oho Dhule raja tyaar hogaye."Kabir my best friend commented on me as he entered my room and I rolled my eyes Dhule raja my foot. [Oho so the groom is all ready]

"Kabir bhai aab aap hi bhaiya ke saath raho,unhe tyaar karo hum to bade nakhre dikharahe hai. Mein chali tyaar hone." Amurequested Kabir, Abhi and Sameer also left saying they have some work. [Kabir  bhai now you only help Bhaiya in getting ready he is throwing too many tantrums to us. I am going to get ready.]

After they left Kabir looked at me and said, "Bebe asked me to asked me if you want to wear Kundals" to which I rolled my eyes. "Aray why Kundals are so good wear na please."

"Kabir yaar I don't wanna look a cartoon on my engagement no offence to kundals, but it's not my style. I mean I am not excited for my marriage but today I wanna look good, after all my would be wife is going to see me for the first time and as they say first impression is the last impression." I ranted. Kabir looked at me in amusement.

"I thought you were against this marriage thing. So why so much worry about your first impression" He questioned "It...it's not like I care what she thinks but..but I have a reputation to live uptoo." Just as he was about to say something teasing, Chachu walked into the room, interrupting him. He made a face that hinted at his playful intentions, but he didn't get a chance to vocalize them cause Chachu motioned him to move out.

"Vardhaan I know you are not happy with this marriage, you are angry with me, your father, mother, aunty, bebe that we did not think from your point of view, we did not support you. We tried but as you were compelled to say yes, so were me and your father compelled to support him. Papa is very adamant about this relationship, he says this way his friendship with his friend will remain immortal. In fact, papa wanted bhaiya to marry Tej uncle's daughter, but your father had your mom in his life and Malti ji had someone else in her life so that alliance was not possible. This time netheir you nor Koyal has someone else in your lives. I know it's difficult for you but give it a try. I also had an arrange marriage, and its not bad. I met my soul mate, the love of my life, maybe you will also meet yours." Chachu advised me.

I gave him a tight hug. He helped me wear that broch properly and we left for the engagement venue.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey  guys  

How was the chapter? rings 

Kundals: ear rings for men. 

Please comment down your thoughts and Please Vote the chapter.

Please share it with your friends as well if you like the story.

See you in the next chapter.

Thank you.