__*__ Chapter XXXII__*__

Ivy's POV

___________

Dawn.

If I ever see her face again... I swear to the gods I would do a number on it.

The nerve.

First trying to get me to sell the Princess...

Then, trying to hit on my brother. I was furious. I hear a commotion coming out of the house. I see my twin Skylar, and Mum, and dratted Dawn escorted by the Junkers. Serves her right. Karma. I freak out, but then take a breath.

Under normal circumstances. I would go and save Mum and brother. But, I didn't.

These weren't normal circumstances.

If not for her, my family would be fine. We knew the drill.

Dawn compromised this.

I could try to take out the guards, take out that intruder, Dawn... A stupid mentor at the warrior school. She couldn't even have the decency to remember my name. The reason I left the school.

I made a mental note to drop by there soon, I mean no more Dawn to worry about at least.

If I did anything to hurt Skylar's precious, Dawn, she would never forgive me.

But, if Mum was gone, Skye was gone, then that left little Teryn...

That savvy little boy.

So I run into the house, check his hiding spot... The basement.

Good times..

Good memories.

To find nothing.

He had been here but was no longer. Then I run back out the back door, follow the footsteps. The last of the footsteps...

Disappear.

Was this... Magic?

Brother, brother... Where are you?

Hmm...

The versatile princess of the land, knew magic, perhaps he was with her... Perhaps she would protect him.

I hope.

I knew she would protect him, she already had, once.

Or perhaps, I am wrong...

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

_______________