__*__Chapter XXXI__*__

Teryn's POV

___________

I sit in the charge of the basement, scared out of my wits. Are they gone, are they gone? I slowly peak up at the small light streaming in through a little hole. I sit in silence. My family were prisoners now. Minus me, and Ivy. Why did this not surprise me?

See, we had gone through these 'checks' from the Junkers* many times. It was that girl that have us away. They must have thought her a Second-born. Well, weren't they mistaken.

But now, once more, I sit alone. I didn't care much for that girl. That girl cared for brother though. But now.. They were both gone. Mum too.

But Ivy, sweet Ivy was, as always was out there... Somewhere. For a second, I had hope.

Then, sitting quietly I feel something hit my forehead. Rain? Snow, sleet, hail? Inside? A drop of blood slides down my forehead, to my cheek. I look up and walk to the upstairs. I stare at the ground. A pool of blood. A sign of obvious struggle. I run out the back door. I would find my sister. I would find the Princess. I would find somebody. It's truly terrifying to be lonely. That's why brother had found love with that stupid girl. That's why anybody finds love. So they don't have to live life alone.

I follow the footsteps in the snow. I look up at the sky. Where's Ivy? She would seek shelter.

Hmmm...

I see a faint trace of smoke.

I follow it, as an arrow zips past me. I flinch back. What was that for? Another arrow actually hits me, I fall to the ground. A group of girls with bows and arrows surround me. My hand falls to my arm. My arm is wounded. Hurt.

I cry. It hurts!

They pick me up, ripping some cloth over the wound, pulling out the arrow.

" W-who are you?"

No response. The mysterious girls just stare at me, in silence.

I was losing the feeling in my arm. Ow...

I sneak a peek at the arrow. It was poison-tipped.

In but five minutes, the poison would be in my bloodstream. In an hour, without proper treatment, I would be dead. I was only six... Too young to die.

Princess...

Ivy...

Somebody...

Save me.

The girls hover over me.

" The pain will be over soon," one whispers.

" B-but whatever d-did I do wrong?" My vision was failing. " I-I'm sorry for whatever I did.. Is it that I survived? I escaped death, so you're paying me a favour?" I blink away tears.

" No, you did nothing wrong. But your destiny isn't here on this earth. It is elsewhere. You will stay in... An other world. Not dead, nor alive. Neither in the land of the dead or living. A world that can skim them both. Somebody important, who's destiny is intertwined with the fate of the world. If they fail this world, then the world fails it's people, then the world crumbles at your very feet. Your job, will be to help them."

" So you're going to kill me, but not kill me. Have a fun with that... " I sigh painfully. "Who has the fate of the world in their hands?" She drops a crystal on my chest. I look down at it confused.

" The Princess and you will guide her."

" But what about the Crystal?"

" Only time will tell you. If somebody was constantly at your side, telling you all the answers... What would be the point of living? One doesn't learn anything from simply being told the answers. They learn by experience. Besides, half the answers most couldn't believe anyways. You need to see something, to thoroughly see it, to ever begin to understand it." Guard this Crystal with your life.