The maid said, "But you are sick.... you need to take meds..." I am not that sick, the rainy season got me a cold. Nothing new....

Why is she over reacting?

I ignored her again, soon she said reminding me, "Madam..."

I snapped at her, "Shut up and throw this out!!!... I don't want this!!!"

I noticed Riccardo standing beside the maid, maybe she was going to tell me about him. Sh*t!!!

I saw him throwing his coat off on the table, I turned to look outside hugging the blanket little more.

I heard him, "You are eating this.... and then taking the medicine..... Assuming by looking at you, you skipped the meds for multiple days... am I right?" He stated cold.

Yes... I did...

Who likes to takes meds? no one....

I am no exception.

I heard him, "Wife.... I said something...."

I sighed, I don't want to fight, I don't have spare energy for that.

I whispered still looking outside, "I don't want too... Food tastes weird.... I don't want to have those meds either....."

he said, "You are acting childish....."

I got up slowly, I am so tired. I walked to my room, he will nag me again, He is drifting away while I still have to listen to him.

He is just controlling....

I landed on the bed feeling pain all over my body, I am really out of energy, I hate being sick.

I hugged the pillow trying to sleep. I whispered to myself, "I.. I will be fine soon..."

Like I am telling myself I will be fine from this fever, and fine with him being away from me.

Isn't this what I want?

I heard a sound on the night stand, I opened my eyes looking at him lazily. Riccardo finally stepped in the room, I kept my eyes on him as he sat near me on the bed. The food is on the table too.

I felt him touching my cheek, I closed my eyes as I felt his touch, it was soothing.

I heard his whisper, "You still.. have mild fever...." This forced me to open my eyes, he was trying to feel the fever.

Not his warmth....

I felt hurt,.... I don't know why I wanted him to care.

This is insane.

Riccardo moved my hair from my face, he asked softly, "Cherish... Are you in pain?" He was worried.

My eyes are filling tears, I whispered to his questions, "Head ache...." He did something on his phone, then turning to me, he whispered, "just little more patience...."

Soon, the doctor was getting ready with the IV, I was not ready to get it done. But since I didn't had meds I don't seem to have options.

Riccardo made me eat at least half of the meal before doctor came here. I moved away as I whispered, "I hate needles..." they f*cking hurt, I don't want that in me.

Riccardo said to me, "Cherish.... stop this...."

His hands were on his waist, he looks pissed and annoyed at the same time. But he is worried to too.

I will protest.

But after 10 minutes, I was sleeping on the bed as the iv fluid was getting in my veins. Riccardo was standing by the vanity table pressing himself on it. He was looking at me folding his hands.

He sighed, I turned away from him. I am angry, but ... I know I don't want to be sick, but did his ex Riley really said truth... then why he is acting like that?

Isn't he angry on me?

or that all was a act?

Why my life is complicated.

Riccardo said to the nurse and maid, "Take care of her..." he walked out of the room, he left?

like that!

Next day,

Fred said, " You look good for a sick person?"

I glared at him, but I whispered taking juice from the maid, "I am much better, thank you for concern...." I rolled my eyes.

He is here to join Riccardo for yet another day of work, I heard he is going out of the city again. He is avoiding me. I can feel that.

He never came to check on me again.

Riccardo is already over me since I refused to give him heir.

I noticed Bruce walking in, I got happy. I instantly got up, he hugged me like always greeting me. I really need a family member now.

Bruce parted as he said, "Cherish... how have you been?.... you look thin?" He bombarded me with questions.

Bruce had a quick hand shake with Fred, Fred said, "Mrs. Valentine was a little sick... now she is good..."

Bruce asked, "Cherish... you should have called me?... You being married doesn't take my right away to know about your wellbeing."

I wish Isaac would care this much, but Bruce is my cousin brother, I know he cares for me. Bruce.... yea... I was mean with him for no reason...

He always cared.

I heard Bruce greeting Riccardo, only to noticed he was already beside me. He is Dressed well, stood tall and he looks so majestic while I feel out of shape.

Bruce said, "I won't take much time.... but.. Mr. Valentine.... My father has returned from his trip, he wishes to see you and Cherish... he is quite unhappy with sudden wedding of yours...."

Uncle Theo is back!!!

I smiled subconsciously, he is eldest among my father and his brother. He adores me the most. He was not here when I was married, he would have opposed or helped me ... I know.

But all of this arrangement was to save me.... but the truth is also that I didn't needed to be saved if they were not involved in these things.

I am in no state to start another war in me on these morals and life...

I was living a life full of fantasy.

Riccardo had a glance at Fred as he said, "I am busy... Next time Mr. Derosa...."

I said, "I will go..." Riccardo had a glance at me, he then turned to Bruce as he said, "Very well.... then... Fred cancel the meeting ...."

Fred slipped few words, "But there is a meeting with Riley.. and...." He fell silent on Riccardo's glare.

I am little shocked, he was not interested in her then why he wants to meet her. Riccardo said to Bruce, "It would be rude to not visit with my wife.... since it's first time to see your father...."