Chapter 18 - Y/N's pov

Start from the beginning

"The wild witches!" Belos cried out "They have found me! Run!"

We ran back to where the portrait where we'd entered the memory. We were about to go through but noticed someone talking. I turned to see Belos talking to what seemed like, a previous golden guard?

"You incompetant fool!" Belos scolded "You nearly took my head off with that blast!"

The old golden guard looked at the ground "I'm sorry, Lord Belos" he said, he sounded oddly like Hunter.

Belos turned "I'm off to the next town" he started to walk away"

"What about the rest of these?" The old golden guard said as he took a tarp off of....cases of explosives?

"Put on a bigger show." Belos said

My heart skipped a beat. What did he mean? Why had they done that?

The old golden guard lit a match and put it to the fuse of the explosives, then followed Belos away. The kid returned, and picked up some sort of bag full of stuff. We walked through the portrait, and back into the forest of memories.

"Belos was lying!" Luz immediately said "Wild witches weren't attacking him! How could you two help someone like that?"

Hunter couldn't come up with an answer.

"That was probably a special technique to get people to listen to his message." I said

"It's....It's for the greater good" Hunter added, though it sounded like even he didn't believe what he was saying

Luz narrowed her eyes before jumping away from the portrait, which green slime had began the stream from.

"He found us!" Luz said as she started to run away

The kid jumped into another memory, and we followed. We walked up a snowy hill, our footprints leaving marks in the clean white sheet. The child laughed, it almost creeped me out. He grabbed a rope off of someones shoulder in the crowd we had walked into.

"Whats the kid doing?" Hunter asked, almost reading my thoughts

"Shh" Luz said, then turned to Belos, who stood at the front of the crowd

Belos motioned to a burning city. "Look at what wild magic has done to your city!" he said "Now imagine what it's doing to you. A city can rise from the ashes, but a soul...." Belos shook his head solemnly

Murmurs ran through the crowd, of confused and worried people.

Belos motioned with his staff "I can make your magic pure again, as the titan intended!"

The old golden guard walked up beside Belos, holding a glove with a glowing finger. A branding glove. People stuck out their wrists and the old golden guard touched each wrist with the glove, branding them each with a different coven sigil.

"Welcome to your new covens!" Belos said

Suddenly, the people's sigils began to glow, and cracks came from them. Some cried out in pain. The cracks spread all throughout each person, until they collapsed, one by one. The old golden guard rested a hand on one, then looked to Belos.

"They're....still alive" he said

"Then we still have some work to do. Gather the palismen." Belos said, walking away from the collapsed crowd. The old golden guard took the palismen and handed them to Belos, who cracked one off of it's staff and took it in his hand, walking away. The old golden guard paused to look at the collapsed witches for a moment, then followed.