{EIGHT} - Different Words

Chapter 8

She sighed once more after dumping the plates in her sink before going to the couch and sitting on it. Priscilla sort of panicked after hearing Bianca saying she was Trey’s wife and couldn’t believe she almost became her boss’s mistress so she did the only thing she could think of at that moment which was call him through the phone and tell him she suddenly got sick and was going home which he actually seemed worried after she told him but she reassured him she
was going to be okay.

She felt bad about lying but was extremely mad and hurt finding out he was lying all this while to her. She could have told Anita on her way out of the office but she hadn’t even let her know that she and Trey was almost a thing now and it would just be complicated to explain everything right from the top.

She sighed again then stood up looking at the time; she saw it was a few minutes past nine so she decided to call it a night. Just as she turned to go into her room she heard the door bell, she looked down seeing that she was just in a big shirt and a small shorts she decided to check anyway thinking it would be Reese and just tell him that she was tired and would see him tomorrow.

As she was going to the door she told herself to remember to call Anita over
tomorrow which was Friday to prepare for her date with Cole. When she opened the door she saw Trey standing there with a large paper bag in his hand.

“What are you doing here?” she asked

“You said you were sick so I came to check up on you” he said passing her
going into her apartment. “I brought some pain relievers and some stuff to make chicken soup”

“Hmm thanks you can just set them on the counter. Thanks for coming” she said looking at him awkwardly.

Okay what’s going on?”

“Nothing is going on; I’m just sleepy so please can you leave”

“No. you said you were sick so I came over but you look anything but sick so
the question is why did you really leave the office? Did I do something that you didn’t like?” he asked looking confused.

“Mr. Richards I…”

“Mr. Richards? I thought outside the office we weren’t going to be formal” he said coming closer to hold her but it only made her pull away.

“Okay Trey, the real reason why I left is because I saw your wife, an important fact you left out when you asked me to go out with you” she said as her eyes started to brim with tears.

“Priscilla, I can explain” he said looking at her in shock.

Tears were already pouring out of her eyes as she spoke. “No I don’t think there is anything that can make this okay. I’m tired of being hurt and frankly it’s just getting pretty shitty. As if it's not enough I was still getting over the fact that my exboyfriend was busy shacking up with my so called best friend, my friends distanced themselves away from me and just when I thought that I was beginning to see a turning point in my life I find out the man I am falling for is married. Fuck my life”

“I’m sorry to hear all that and if it’s any consolation I didn’t know I was
actually still married to Bianca”

“What?” she asked confused.

“I and Bianca met in college and it was love at first sight at least I thought it was. She was charming, friendly and very bright. My last year of college started getting a bit rocky with her since I was graduating, she would cry all the time about how she didn’t want me to leave which I get but it was getting to the point that she would accuse me of cheating on her if I left.