29: Sweet Release

Warning: This is a very mature chapter. Proceed with caution.

Approximately two seconds after entering Robin's dorm room, Tyler threw himself on the still-unmade bed. With a loud rattle, his crutches fell to the floor, discarded and unneeded. He had plans that didn't involve them.

"Come here," Ty pleaded softly, reaching his hand toward Robin, who was attempting to hang his jacket on a hook by the door. Ever since their lips parted this morning, before Robin had to rush to class, Tyler had impatiently waited for this moment.

Now they were finally together again and could do whatever they wanted. And he wanted to do so damn much.

The school day had gone by in a haze of naughty fantasies and replays of the sweet events of the night before. It all seemed almost impossible. That Tyler, not even a year after his life-altering accident, would get to experience such intense joy. That someone, a boy--an insanely cute boy--would want him, would desire him even.

Unable to wait even a second longer than necessary to reunite with the object of his affection, Tyler had trekked, crutches be damned, across the campus to meet up with Robin after class. The surprised smile on Robin's face upon discovering Tyler waiting for him had made the exhausting endeavor worth it.

They hadn't kissed there. It had felt too public. Whatever they had was still just theirs. It was intimate, fresh, and fragile.

Deciding to drop his jacket on the floor, Robin obeyed Tyler's wish. Avoiding the tripping hazard of the fallen crutches with swift steps. Fingers braided together. Warmth flowed from one body to another. Calm instilled itself throughout Tyler's body, as if he'd been lost at sea all day and finally found his safe port. He felt at home. He felt as if nothing was amiss in his world.

"Hi," Tyler whispered, even though they had already greeted each other when meeting up after class. But a nod and smile wasn't how Tyler had wanted to reunite after several painful hours of separation. This was how. Still waters turned to clucking waves when Tyler pulled Robin close, bridging the small gap between them to unite their lips in a proper welcome kiss, that was anything but chaste. Now when the nervous jitters of the first connection were over, his body was filled with the second wind of unbridled desire.

"Hi..." Robin mumbled back, cupping Tyler's face with his hand. A kissing intermission ensued as they looked at each other, happy feelings bouncing in their gazes. Robin smiled, not just with his lips or even his eyes but with his whole being. Tyler smiled back, feeling the joy overflowing in every fiber in his body.

"I missed you." Tyler stole a quick peck from smiling lips.

"I missed you too." Robin returned the kiss, parting Tyler's lips with his tongue to plunge in deeper. Noticing Robin taking the initiative in that manner made sparks of excitement ignite in Tyler's chest. He felt like he was luring out another Robin than the one he'd initially met: a more confident and assured version. A version that he'd been able to hint underneath the stuttering and bumbling surface.

Tingles traveled down Tyler's spine when Robin's gentle fingers flowed through his hair, landing at the base of his neck and sneaking underneath the fabric of his t-shirt. "Is this mine?" Robin asked, inspecting the gray fabric of Tyler's shirt.

"Well, you took my shirt this morning," Tyler replied with a shrug. "I had to wear something and I liked the smell of this one." Luxuriating in the fragrance of Robin all day had definitely made it difficult for Tyler to focus on his classes.

Robin replied with a kiss, expressing his approval of the clothing choice by pulling Tyler close. Kiss after kiss scrubbed away layers of shame, self-loathing, and uncertainty. No barriers remained anymore.