Chapter 73: Nearing The Edge

Start from the beginning

On that day, there was a joint class activity between Class A and B as Cynthia was preparing her material for Pokémon Battles. The other classes such as Performances were to start in the spring, meaning after the current season. So, to fill in the empty timeslots, the blonde woman decided to hold mutual classes with other students since she felt it would be nice to make friends.

"Nice to see you again, Serena," Miette greeted.
"Likewise, Miette," Serena greeted back charmingly.

The two class reps sat close to each other while the rest of Serena's group were close by.

"I wonder what we're doing today," Calem spoke aloud, wanting to train Chespin instead.

The others were thinking the same thing as they felt Cynthia was a bad teacher. They recalled most of their classes with her involved peer learning with the woman not participating in the battles herself.

However, Serena did not share the same sentiment. She too thought Cynthia was not teaching much but after living and training with her for a while, the honey blonde realized one simple truth:

Cynthia was too strong to teach them.

'She would definitely sweep everyone in the school with just Garchomp without difficulty…' the honey blonde thought to herself.

"Good day, class," Cynthia entered the room.

After getting used to her current lifestyle as a teacher, the Champion decided to change her usual getup into a more casual one.

Cynthia now wore a simple white shirt with frills and a black ribbon tied on her collar while wearing a similar black pants as her previous clothes as well as black ballet flats. Her blonde hair was now tied in a ponytail with her hairclips acting as the hair tie, though her bangs still covered one eye.

Her elegant appearance immediately had the entire class blushing minus the certain ones.

"The Sinnoh Champion…" Miette gulped with admiration.
"How fashionable. I should take notes from her," Kimia admired with a faint blush.

Smiling to the class, the blonde woman began her lesson.

"Alright, let's skip the introductions for today since everyone here probably knows who I am," she stated matter-of-factly.
"Today, we're going to be observing a Gym match from Johto that was recorded earlier yesterday."

The Sinnoh Champion too had a realization that her method of teaching sucked compared to the other instructors. So, to allow her students to learn and grow more efficiently, Cynthia felt it useful for them to observe battles between a veteran Trainer against someone their age.

'Fufu, Sere-chan's going to love this,' a mischievous glint sparkled in her platinum eyes.
"As for our special guest today…"

A few hours ago…

"Hey, Lance. Need a break?" Cynthia asked cheekily to the man in the screen of her laptop.
"Cynthia…" Lance groaned as he was filling in paperwork.

The Champions usually conversed during meetings that required their assistance such as the Shamouti Crisis so simple conversations were uncommon.

"Man, you got some bags under your eyes. Why don't you let your Elite Four do the paperwork for you?" the blonde woman asked curiously.
"Haaah… You know I can't do that."

The carmine-haired man stared at Cynthia whilst holding up four fingers.

"The Johto Elite Four has two new members and I rather not have them newcomers get drowned in this. Bruno isn't suited for this nor does he have the time for it and Will's more likely to mess it up with how playful he gets when he's bored."