twenty seven

hannah

"matt" i called

"yeah?" he replied walking into my room

"i need you to zip this dress for me"

"han, you look amazing" he said as he zipped the dress

"i have to dress up for court"

today was the first day of the trial and i was terrified. we all had to dress up. matt was wearing kakis and a light blue polo with boat shoes. he grabbed my hand and walked me downstairs. my parents were already waiting by the door.

"you ready?"

"i guess"

-

we sat in the court house. the room was full of people. i wasn't getting on the stand today but mr. davis was and they were already questioning him. it was hard listening to him. listening to him denying something we all know he did. i just wanted to block out every lie that came out of his mouth.

"i didn't touch that girl" he claimed once again

i looked up at matt and he stared down at me.

"he's lying, matt"

"i know that"

"what if they believe him?"

"they won't, alright? he's gonna go to jail for a long time"

he rubbed his hand up and down my thigh, trying to keep me calm. i turned my attention back to what mr. davis was saying.

"i'm not the only one that lives in that house. it wasn't me."

"we're done questioning him" my lawyer said

"alright, we're gonna take a short recess and then bring hannah scott up to the stand." the judge spoke and dismissed the court

"n-n-no i wasn't supposed to go up there today" i started hyperventilating

"hannah, calm down. you're gonna be okay. it'll be fine."

"i think i'm gonna throw up"

i got up and ran out of the room, running to the nearest bathroom. i went in slamming one of the stall doors shut behind me. i started throwing up. i honestly wanted to pass out. i was no where near prepared for this.

someone started banging on the stall door.

"babe, open the door."

i wiped my face, sitting against the wall and opening the door.

"i know this is hard for you but you're gonna be strong and go out there. you're gonna tell your story and he's going to go away for a long time"

"okay"

matt took my hand, pulling me off the bathroom floor. he reached into his pocket pulling out a mint and handing it to me.

"thanks" i laughed

"welcome"

matt and i walked back to the room where the trial was and we talked to my parents for a few minutes. then they called me up to the stand and resumed the court.

i sat up on the stand and had to tell my whole story again.

-

after i was done telling my story i got questioned by both lawyers. every time i started getting nervous, i made eye contact with matt and he would give me a reassuring smile.

court was dismissed for the day, i walked off the stand and walked over to my family and matt. they were talking but my attention was somewhere else. i saw mr. davis. his hands were cuffed behind his back but he was talking to a few cops and he kept gesturing his head over to where i was. two cops walked over to where we were.

"matthew espinosa?" one of the cops said

"yeah, that's me"

"put your hands behind your back"

"what is going on?" matt asked

"you're under arrest. you have the right to remain silent. anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. " ((obviously this isn't all the miranda rights said when you're arrested but i figured you guy would find that boring))

"for what?" i asked

"kidnap and attempted murder"

my heart dropped. mr. davis threw matt under the bus. he told them matt kidnapped me. he was the one who made him do it. my eyes swelled up with tears. my parents both had looks of shock on their face.

"no, this isn't happening" i started crying

the cops took matt's arm and started walking away with him.

"can i just say goodbye to her?" i heard matt ask

one of the cops sighed and took the handcuffs off matt's wrists. he walked over to me and i wrapped my arms around him.

"han don't cry, alright?"

i looked up at him and nodded wiping the tears that had perviously fallen out of my eyes.

"you're gonna get out, you're innocent."

"i'll talk to you when i can. i need you to call my sister for me."

"okay" i replied as he kissed my forehead

they put handcuffs back on matt and walked him away.

-

okay so here's an update but im legit freaking out because matt is releasing tour dates today or tomorrow ommosdfjsif