twenty six

hannah

i woke up to an empty bed. i threw on my shirt and went downstairs. my mom, dad and matt were all already awake.

"morning" i yawned

"good morning" matt replied

"how'd you sleep?" my mom asked

"eh, okay i guess"

i sat down in the open chair next to matt. my dad was reading the paper while my mom was cooking breakfast. matt leaned over and kissed the top of my head.

"i left after you feel asleep last night. i didn't want your parents getting the wrong idea" he whispered in my ear

i nodded as my mom walked over to the table putting a plate of bacon and eggs in front of each of us. we enjoyed breakfast, matt and i cleaned up the mess while my parents went to go get dressed. they said the lawyer and apparently now cops were coming to take down my side of the story. matt and i sat back down in the living room. a few minutes later my parents were downstairs at the door with the lawyer and a cop.

they all came in and sat down around me.

"hannah i need to take down your side of the story, so i need you to tell me exactly what happened that you remember." the cop stated

"okay" i started "i told my mom i was going out to get coffee and just as i was about to get in my car someone's hand covered my mouth and their other arm wrapped around my waist. then they put a cloth on my mouth and i-i blacked out."

i took another breath.

"i woke up tied to a chair a-and"

i started crying really hard once again. i kept having flashbacks being in that place. i heard a lot of talking around me but my vision was starting to get blurry. i felt someone grab my hand.

"hannah don't you pass out on me, you hear me?" i heard matt's voice "let's do what we did last night"

"o-o-okay"

"breathe in. 1..2..3..4..5.. breathe out. that's it han, deep breaths."

"let's just give her a few minutes" my dad said getting up and walking everyone into the kitchen leaving matt and i alone

"it's too hard to talk about" i spoke

"i totally understand that. but if you want to press charges you need to tell them what happened."

"i know, matt. it's just-"

"hey you don't need to explain yourself to me"

"hold me please"

"what?" he asked confused

"just hold me"

matt got closer and wrapped his arms around me, rocking me back and forth.

"you don't have to do this today, ya know?"

"i need to just get it over with. if i don't now, i never will."

"alright, we can go talk in the kitchen. i'll hold your hand the whole time."

i nodded as he grabbed my hand and walked me to the kitchen. i sat down at the table and everyone joined me.

i took a deep breath in and began to tell the whole story.

-

"we'll file the case and start a trial as soon as possible."

i nodded and my parents walked everyone out.

"i'm proud of you for doing that. you were so strong." matt said

"it's only because you know how to keep me calm"

"that was all you babe. you kept yourself calm."

my parents walked back in the room and they both hugged me.

"we're heading to work. if you need anything call us alright?"

"we will"

-

i sat next to matt on the couch, he had his arm around me.

"i wish i could just take you away from everything. all of this shit. you deserve better."

"it's fine matt. i'm just happy you're here."

i stared up at him and he brushed a piece of hair out of my face. he smiled and shook his head at me.

"what?" i giggled

"i just can't get over how beautiful you are"

"matt"

"no seriously. you're so beautiful, inside and out and after all of this is over i'm gonna officially make you mine."

he leaned in crashing his lips on mine. i haven't had the taste of his lips in forever. when our lips would touch my stomach would erupt in butterflies. he made me feel like i was the only girl in this world.

"i want to be yours matt"

"soon enough baby, soon enough"

-

okay i'm saying this again...when i update and the only comments i get on the chapter are "update" i get annoyed and when people are telling me to update after the chapter is up for 2 minutes like?? this story isn't long i plan on having like 10 chapters left if even that many so please understand when i don't update multiple times a day