eighteen

hannah

a cop walked into matt's hospital room with a notepad and a pen. i was sitting next to him and i held onto his hand.

"hi, i just need to ask you a few questions about what happened so we can file a report."

matt nodded his head and the cop started asking questions.

"so tell me what happened?" the officer asked

"i was at home watching tv and i heard something move in the kitchen so i got up to see what it was. two guys were in my kitchen one held me back and the other stabbed me and then they ran."

"did you recognize the people?"

"no but i know who sent them."

"who was it?"

"joseph davis"

"alright, i'll file the report the minute we get back and we're gonna catch the guy who did this to you."

"thank you" i said

the officer smiled as he walked out of the room.

"i want you to come stay at my house" i said

"are you crazy? i'm not putting you or your family in that danger i won't do it."

"please. please stay with me. i don't want something else happening to you."

"my sister is staying at my house and i have burnie too. i'm not gonna intrude like that."

i sighed in defeat

"can you just text my sister off your phone and tell her to come here. i'll give you her number."

"of course"

matt gave me his sister's number and i texted her explaining the situation. she told me she would get to the hospital in a few minutes. i heard matt mumbling curses under his breath so i turned around to face him. he looked like he was in a lot of pain which i would understand why.

"do you need anything?" i asked

"i need you to leave"

"w-what?"

"babe i just think the more time we spend away from each other the safer you'll be."

"i'm not leaving"

"you're so difficult" he said "but it's one of the things i love about you."

i smiled at him

"i just want you to be safe. so we can be together." he sighed

"then let's runaway."

"you need to be realistic"

"i am."

"han" matt sighed "it's not an option. we can't just pick everything up and leave. you said it yourself the other day."

"i'm just trying to think of things that will be the best for you."

"i get that baby, and you're the best for that but right now i just need to get some rest. i'm exhausted."

"alright" i let out a sigh

"why don't you go home? you're probably tired too."

"i'm staying with you"

"i want you to get some sleep, in your own bed. you can come back tomorrow morning."

"i want to stay"

"han, go home. you can come back first thing tomorrow morning, i promise."

after a few minutes of going back and forth i finally gave in.

"i'll see you in the morning, i guess?"

"i'll be here waiting for you" he smiled

i walked up to matt pressing my lips against his forehead.

"goodnight matt"

"night han"

-

kinda short also a filler probably won't be updating tomorrow bc i'm away for the weekend