Chapter 37: Back To School

Start from the beginning

No matter how much I love Blake, it will always be Daniel.

I feel like a total ass for doing this to Blake but things are just really complicated.

"I have to go to Science. See you two later." Blake said kissing my forehead and going in the direction of the room.

"I'm going to Math, peace." Trey said making a peace sign with his hands and leaving me all alone in the hallway.

As I walked to Spanish I thought to myself, I really only have two friends. I lost Daniel because I broke up with him. I lost Lindsey because I chose Daniel over her.

Damn, I'm a loner.

I walked into my class and instantly saw Daniel sitting in the back, right corner of the room all alone. Lindsey was sitting up in the front with her group of friends who I found incredibly annoying.

I walked to the back row and sat in the last seat opposite Daniel.

Another girl walked into the room, she looked short, had tan skin and black wavy hair. She looked around probably to find someone she could sit next to she knew but just walked to the back row towards me.

"Hi, I'm Catherine. Is this seat taken?" She asked shyly.

"No, you can sit here." I said looking into her big brown eyes.

"I'm Joey." I said smiling to her.

I had recognised her because last year she was in my math and choir but I just never really talked to her.

"I know, you used to date Daniel." She said making my face go pale.

"Whoops, I probably shouldn't have brought that up. I'm really sorry." She said looking down.

"It's fine." I said smiling and keeping little talk with her until the final bell rang.

"Hello class, this should be a great year for us all because next year you're all gone." The teacher, Mr.Fisher said.

The whole class cheered at the simple idea of this being our last year in high school.

"For the first project of the year I am going to put you in pairs and you are going to choose a book off of the list I have here. You guys are going to write 20 questions about the book after you have read it and then you are going to have to present them to the class. Most of these books are pretty popular so most of you know what happens." Mr.Fisher said.

"Joey, you are going to work with Lindsey." That was all I heard because I suddenly went into panic mode.

"Get with your partners!" Mr.Fisher yelled and everyone got up.

I stood up and walked to the front of the room to find Lindsey siting there alone and looking extremely annoyed.

"Should we go look at the list?" I asked shyly and setting my bag on the ground next to the empty chair.

"Sure, why aren't you sitting with your boy-toy?" She asked motioning up to Daniel who was sitting with one of the other guys on the football team.

Daniel looked in my direction and I instantly broke the eye contact.

"We aren't dating anymore." I whispered and walked to the front of the room and found the book list.

"Since when?" She asked as I looked through the books.

"Since a month ago."

"We can do the Hunger Games, I know you love that book." Lindsey said picking up the book and walking back to her seat.

I sat down next to Lindsey and just admired at the cover of the book.

"Are you going to come up with any of the questions? You know this book, even the whole series, from cover to cover." Lindsey said putting all of the work on me.

I started writing out questions and came up with only 7 in the 30 minutes Mr.Fisher gave us.

I walked out of the class and was instantly greeted by Blake.

"Hey babe." He said putting his hands on the small of my back and kissing me on the lips.

"Hey." I said pulling away and smiling.

Looking behind Blake I saw Daniel watching us with a look of pain hinting in his face.

"Let's go to history." He said taking my hand in his and walking to the next class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This was a really long chapter but I hope you all liked it.

Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting. I have almost 30K on the book and almost 1K votes.

This is crazy and I can't thank you guys enough.

The character of Catherine is being based off of MyNicknameIsCutie

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow

See you next chapter