Chapter 56 - Empty Beach

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck?" Silas says lowly beside me.

"Call for help." I say before running toward the flames.

I hear Silas yelling at the men behind me as I go to kick down the door. I run in without having to even think it over. I cover my nose and mouth as I look around for her. This may be a trap, but it may also not be. I can't risk losing her.

I don't know how many bedroom doors I break into before I realize Silas is with me. Part of the roof falls off behind us all of a sudden when I turn to look at him. The flames start to get worse and the temperature increases. I see stairs heading up and I point to them. Silas and I run toward them and go up. Parts of the wooden stairs are falling apart but we manage to avoid them.

The first bedroom door that Silas kicks down is probably the one that is most in flames. I'm not going to walk in until I see that the bed is occupied. I walk right in without a care.

I see my sunflower passed out still tied to the bed and wounds still on her face. Eric is beside her passed out as well, hugging her in his arms. Crazy motherfucker.

"Here." Silas hands me a mask like the ones he usually uses when he goes on his murdering sprees. I take it and quickly put it on as he does the same.

I take the pocketknife that I surprisingly decided to bring today. I immediately cut the rope off of her hands as Silas cuts the rope on her feet. I feel for a pulse, and I feel a bit calmer to know she is still alive.

I carry her in my arms, giving her a kiss on the forehead before I look at Silas. "Take her out of here."

He takes her from me but seems confused. "Aren't you coming? Let the fucker burn in here." He says, reading my mind.

"I need him to suffer, go." I urge him as I hear more things fall.

"Ace..." He doesn't want to go.

"Get out of here and make sure that she is okay." I demand in an angry tone, and he hesitantly nods before leaving with her.

I go around the bed and I grab Eric by the arms, dragging him down to the ground. I cough, feeling my lungs begin to gradually close. I hear the sounds of fire alarms and ambulances in a far distance as I try my hardest to drag the idiot out.

When I've gotten downstairs, I see that the path to the door is blocked now. I look around seeing another door to the back, so I begin heading toward it. Just as I'm going to reach it a chunk of wood from the roof falls down in front of me.

 Just as I'm going to reach it a chunk of wood from the roof falls down in front of me

The sound of yelling and ambulance alarms makes me slightly open my eyes.

I try to fully open them, but I can't. It feels like there is a weight on them. I also feel that I am breathing clean air, but someone is talking to me. It's a stranger and I have no clue where I am.

"Ace." Is the only thing that comes out of my mouth before my eyes win and they close.

__

I awaken once more but this time by the sound of a beep. My eyes take a while to adjust and for me to fully open them.