"Is that—"

Sirius's surprised shout carried after her, followed by a rush of air. Liza ducked, all too familiar with the sound. A bludger raced over the back of her neck and barely grazed the top of her flesh.

"Alright there, sis?"

Gideon waved his bat from where he was flying opposite Fabian, a nasty glimmer in his blue gaze.

Ignoring her brother's taunts, Liza leaned forward and urged her broom to tail Rosier. She had been slammed and beaten by Bludgers for years. Now, she barely felt any sort of fear. Magic was odd that way. When she could have her arm fixed with the flick of a wand, there was little to stop her. Perhaps there was both good and bad to be found in that freedom.

"Oi!" Liza motioned for Evan to pass her the Quaffle. Natalie Owens, Gryffindor's third chaser, was rapidly approaching with James on her tail.

Her Slytherin teammate resolutely ignored her, aiming wide for Rabastan Lestrange. The dark-haired boy missed and was nearly pummeled by another bludger from Fab.

Liza hissed through her teeth, diving after the Quaffle. She could only hope that Regulus found the Snitch quickly. At this rate, her steal from James would be her only play.

"Not so fast, Baby P."

She jerked up the handle of her broom, narrowly avoiding a collision with Sirius as he blew past her with a savage smirk. Evidently, he had been able to accelerate quicker. She tried not to eye his broomstick. An expensive purchase of the Potters, no doubt.

"Prewett, stay sharp."

Liza's stomach twisted at Lucinda's reprimand, but she forced a nod and leaned closer to her broom. Sirius was barely a meter ahead of her and she was closing in on the ends of his broomtail. It was illegal to grab the bristles, but if she could just jostle him a bit—

Another whoosh brushed the air past Liza's ear, and she pulled her broom the right, giving the Bludger a straight path at Sirius.

The Gryffindor yelped as the ball crashed into the end of his broom, sending a cascade of twigs to the ground as he spiraled. Liza shoved into his other side, forcing him to drop the Quaffle into Rabastan's hands.

The Slytherin pulled forward to score another goal, making the Slytherin stand bursts into catcalls. The Lestranges were well-regarded. Or as Myra put it, well-feared. Either way, Rabastan had garnered a following.

Liza hissed as James recovered the Quaffle, zooming through their beaters single-handedly to score a goal. This time, it was the Gryffindors to shake the stadium.

"Don't look so glum, princess."

She glanced back to see that Sirius had righted himself. However, several stray twigs were embedded in his locks. She resisted the urge to grin.

"I'm sure the snakes will give you another chance if you disappoint this time." His sarcasm was evident.

Eyeing Lucinda's block of Owen's shot, Liza bared her teeth. "Then I better make sure not to let them down." She pulled her broom to the right and put a suitable amount of distance between them. She couldn't risk any more distraction.

The following bit of the match passed in a blur of color and sweat. Liza's fingers were having trouble remaining on her handle as she passed the Quaffle to Evan. The Slytherin barely acknowledged her assist as he scored another goal.

"70-80, Slytherin!"

Suddenly, there was a loud crackle over the loudspeaker.

"REGULUS BLACK HAS SPOTTED THE SNITCH!"