Defrosted

(A/N: Y'all when I tell you I've been trying I'm promise I've been trying. HAHA HI AGAIN!! I feel like this is gonna become the norm- I'm gonna try to post more but I'll probably end up disappearing for another 3 months then come back with like 3 new chapters in a row then dip lol ILL TRY NOT TO BUT THATS PROBABLY WHATS GONNA HAPPEN- BUT TYSM TO ALL NEW N OLD READERS WHO ARE HERE I READ ALL THE NEW COMMENTS AND EVERYONE WHO VOTED/SAVE THE STORY TYSM!! I promise I'm gonna finish it one way or another, ENJOY FOR NOW!)

"Liu? Liu!" Macaque whispered walking down that darkened hall of ice and stone. Each footstep he got more impatient.

"Liu.." He whispered again a bit harsher, "Damn it Liu you better be sleeping-" He stopped. Looking into the cell he had said goodbye to her in.

Was empty.

"No...no no no." He went in the only light was from the small crystals that illuminated like a flickering lightbulb. He looked around the empty cell, something shiny was on the ground so he knelt down to get it and...he touched something wet.

Macaque slowly brought his hand back as he lifted the small shiny object and...it was a ring. This was Liu's ring.

Chills went down his spine when the scent suddenly hit him.

Blood.

"No...no no no.." He whispered in horror quickly standing up.
"No...no no she...Liu...Liu!?" He whispered a little louder.
"My willow?" He tried to call quietly...the nickname only reserved for moments he wanted to cherish. For the moment he kissed her as she cried. The moment he held her as told him about her day. Watching her feel the warmth of those new blankets...her sweet smile the way she held his arm. He used that name for times he wanted to cherish and hold to his heart.

He silently prayed this would be a moment he could cherish.

But even as he called that small name only the two of them knew. There wasn't a squeak or even a sound other than the sound of the water dripping from the ice.

He ran out the cell and ran down the hall. He checked every cell, every corner, and every little cranny he check it all.

"Liu...Liu please...Liu don't do this to me. Not again no no no no no no..." the tears stung. His body was exhausted. He knew he couldn't go on for much longer he needed to rest...but he needed his wife much more.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

As he ran through the halls panting for air, sweat dripping down his forehead.

He heard something.

Humming.

But he knew that hum by heart. Macaque sprinted to the sound. He ran as quietly as he could but at this point he no longer cared he just wanted his wife. He needed her.

He peeked around the corner carefully and...there she was.

Liu was sitting on a seat made of ice. Chained to the floor by her arms and legs. Her white hair was no longer tidy or up at all. It hung down to her shoulders, unkept and messy, the red of blood stained both her hair and skin.

Her pale skin just looked paler. She was looking up...up to the hole in the roof..she was looking at the stars. He could see her eyes still had the purple hue. She could still see. He looked all around. He didn't see anyone. So he ran.

"Liu!" he whispered running over with a sweet smile. Liu looked down to him and her eyes widened in horror,
"Macaque! What are you doing here!?" She whispered worriedly.
"Don't worry about me, I'm gonna get you out of here. Then we're going to get the hell out of here." He grabbed her cuffs trying to find a way to get them off...he couldn't pick lock there was no lock. Maybe he could break it?

"Macaque. You need to go. You need to run." Liu whispered urgently.
"Leave?...Liu I'm not leaving you I-"
"Macaque you can't get me out." She told him sternly, "You need to leave....please.." she then pleaded.
"What?..Liu I'm not leaving you here!" His voice became stern a bit louder.

"Macaque she is looking for you! If she finds you she-" Liu's whispered were cut off by him,
"I don't care I'm not leaving without you!" He snapped trying to find a way to break the chains.
"Macaque!" She whispered,
"..."
"Macaque!" She got a little louder,
"..."
"MACAQUE!" She finally snapped at him.

"Liu you-" before he couldnt finish she grabbed his  face and kissed him,
"I love you...please...go." She whispers her lips still lingering on his.
"Liu...please..." he quietly begged.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Once a monkey, determined to shield himself from the suffocating grip of desperation that had nearly torn him shreds that fateful day when he almost lost her. A monkey who once swore he'd never let her be in danger again...had failed. There he sat in font of her pleading for one more try like some dog begging for scraps

"Macaque. I'll be okay." She reassures as they both hear footsteps, "now go, hurry!" She whispers. Macaque started to leave...but before he could get more than a few feet he rushed back kissing her one more time. With such a pure love and affection that he prayed it wouldn't be the last time he'd feel it. Then ran and jumped into a shadow.

The shadow dropped him into a field of grass and he just sat there clutching the silver ring in his hand so tightly he could smell his own blood.

He yelled out in frustration and threw the ring as hot tears stung his face.

"Shi-" he ran to where he threw the ring getting on all fours to search, "shit shit no I didn't mean to no no.." he whispered to himself.

After about 30 or so minutes he found it.

He gently held ring wiping off the blood from his hand and the first from the floor. Staring at it. Staring...

He failed again. He failed to keep her safe.
He failed to tell her 'I love you' back.

How could he dare to love something so beautiful, yet somehow always entangled in a web of horror and misfortune?

———————————————————————————

I'm up way too late oml

1390 words!!! Congrats!!!