Nuo's Story [Red Son n Nuo] (4/?)

The next few days, Nuo didn't come to visit and Red Son was getting nervous. But on the 4th night there was a knock of the door. Red Son sprinted through the kitchen to the front entrance and swung open the door.
"Nuo!" he whispered,
"Red Son!" she smiled whispering back. Nuo hugged him quickly, "Do you think you could come out tonight? I have somewhere to show you." Red Son looked around,
"one second," he whispered. Red Son grabbed his shoes, coat, and a note paper quickly jotting down that he was out for a walk and would be home later tonight. Nuo and Red Son ran off after leaving the note on the two large doors.

Nuo lead Red Son to a dried up river,
"Here, come on sit down." Nuo gestured as she sat down in front a small wooden grave. Red son sat down a bit confused,
"What are we doing here?" Red Son asked.
"You asked why I was different from my siblings, it's becuase of her." Nuo pointed at the small grave they sat in front of.
There was a small picture with candles, fruits, and an old doll.
"Her?" Red Son asked, Nuo nodded,
"She taught me what love actually was." Nuo lit one of the candles that seemed to have gone out earlier.

——————————————————————————
{Backstory Narrator}

Nuo was apart of the Water Demon family. She was quiet, gentle, and kind. She didn't have any kind of qualities that stood out among her siblings. Her hair was made of water, growing when she had a strong emotion. Only a few of her other siblings had this quality. So most of them had completely shut their emotions off to keep others safe.

At a young age, Nuo was told to not be emotional. For as long as she could remember she was always told how emotional she was especially as a child. But becuase she was the youngest, she had no one her age. The closest sibling to her was 5 years older than her. Creating a bigger gap than one would think.

At an older but still quite young age she was taught to fight. Never having a moment of peace, her and her older siblings were ordered to attack one another at random times. For training purposes, their parents said. Weather they were asleep, reading, eating, or caring out another order from their parents. At any time since the age of 10 Nuo had to be on constant gaurd if her siblings chose to attack her. As another 'Training exercise' their parents would sometimes poison their food, which had ended tragically at times.

Nuo was offen told by siblings and parents not to be like Bao or Fāng.

She had never known who these two were.

Nuo's childhood was empty, stressful, fearful, and all above, it lacked love in general.

All she received was hate and fear. As time passed however, Nuo grew into a young woman. She was told her purpose and purpose was fighting, outsmarting, and taking advantage of others. For years, this is what Nuo was taught the world was as well. Her family lived by the 'kill or be killed' rules.

Until, Nuo decided she wanted to see for herself. She told her parents she was going for a walk, as normal they said she was allowed to go without batting an eye. Letting her leave, she walked into the forest and after an hour or so of wandering keeping track of where her home was.
She heard someone, she quickly hid and found a place to look at the enemy from above. 

It was a little girl, and she was playing by the river. With what looked to be a homemade doll. Nuo inched closer curious of who the girl was.
Nuo took in a deep breath, waiting for someone to jump down below like her siblings would do. But once the girl heard footsteps getting close Nuo waited, she saw the girl stand up. Slowly walking away from the water with the doll. The girl's back was turned, so Nuo couldn't see her face.

Nuo watched, but she simply walked away.

The next day Nuo came back, and there she was again. Someone called for the girl, her name was 'Liang' a simple and common name. Nuo took note coming back the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that. She had come day after day to watch this girl. She was simply fascinated by her. She was never on guard, and always had her doll.
Nuo once threw a stick into the river and she looked around for a moment...then ignored it!
Nuo was stunned, how could she just ignore it?!