Ruby: Our job is getting Penny and the Staff to Vacuo. Until then, we have to trust the others. I'm sure they can handle it.

Meanwhile, Ren, Emerald and Oscar are mere steps away from the Vacuo portal.

Oscar: We should end up just outside the city limits of Vacuo. Enough space for refugees but still within range of communication.

Ren: All right, I'll focus on masking emotions for as long as I can. Call for help as soon as we cross.

The three move through the portal, only to be brought to their knees by a whirling sandstorm. They shield their eyes as they get back up.

Emerald: You've gotta be kidding me.

Ren: Which way is the city?

Oscar: It has to be here somewhere!

Emerald consults her Scroll.

Emerald: Guys, the sandstorm isn't just killing visibility.

As she holds it up for the other two to see, the words NO SIGNAL are prominently displayed on its screen. The portal rumbles, and the first few citizens come through, wincing and groaning at the sudden harsh weather.

Citizen: Where are we?

The three teens grimly turn to face the bewildered refugees.

Ren: Welcome to Vacuo.

Nora is herding people across the pocket dimension.

Nora: Head down and follow everyone else to the exit.

As she takes off on her hammer again, a cloaked figure steps into view, smirking ominously. Moments later, a huge explosion sends several citizens rocketing off their platform and into the void. May stares at them from a distant platform, horrified, as the crowd panics and scrambles behind her. (Y/N) looks over his eyes wide and grits his teeth feeling anger as he sees the people. Team RWBY, already almost reaching the Vacuo portal, hears the commotion, and Ruby heads back to deal with the disturbance.

Ruby: No!

The people that fell off are then seen being carried by Zangya, Android 17, Android 18, both Android 21's, Caulifla, and Kale.

Ruby takes a breath of relief.

Blake stops to reassure a startled Penny before following the rest of her team to join their leader.

Blake: Keep going, we'll handle this.

Penny is left clutching the Staff anxiously. Cinder Fall propels herself into the air with her flames and spots Team RWBY making their way up to a large platform. She quickly jets off in that direction. Ruby uses her Semblance to cover the distance quicker, only to recoil, grunting, at the wall of flames that suddenly appears to block her path. Team RWBY raises their weapons, ready to fight.

Cinder: Your little friend Oscar was right, but the easy part ends here.

Team RWBY exchanges puzzled looks, uncertain of how Cinder knew about their plans. The Fall Maiden mockingly voices the question in their minds.

Cinder: How'd you know about that?

Undeterred, the four girls charge forward to confront her.

Mira walks from one of the portal's with a his hand through a refuge's chest. He pulls his hand out of the man and looks at him.

Mira: Saiyan. We have some unfinished business to attend to.

Towa and Orko was right behind him as Towa had a smile and Orko had a sinister stare. Caulifla, Kale, Zangya, Android 18, Android 17, and both Android 21's then landed below (Y/N).