Chapter 2

The opening ends to a view of several ships carrying students and docking at the entrance of the school. As soon as one lands, Jaune Arc emerges and goes over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he loses his lunch.

Ruby, (Y/N), and Yang, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school.

Ruby and Yang: (as they take in the entirety of Beacon Academy) Wow...

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

(Y/N): I want to get yeeted into the sky.

Ruby: (getting so excited she becomes a 2-D, starry-eyed, floating chibi) Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword! (she tries getting closer, but Yang pulls her sister by the hood back into realistic proportions) Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ruby: 'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: (transforming her weapon into its scythe form) Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang: (playfully pushing her sister's hood down over her face) Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

Ruby: (taking off her hood) But... why would I need friends if I have you and (Y/N)?

Yang: Well... (in a flash, a group of other students surround Yang and they all dash down the road) Actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye let's go (Y/N)!

Yang grabs (Y/N) with her who was in the midst of the crowd.

(Y/N): HEY THAT'S MY SHOE!!!

Ruby: (spinning and dizzy-eyed from Yang and (Y/N)'s sudden leaving) Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? (stopping for a moment, still reeling) I don't know what I'm doing...

With the crowd (Y/N) is seen in the middle next to Yang holding her sleeve looking around everywhere.

(Y/N): Can we never do that again?

Yang smiles.

Yang: No promises.

We then see Beacon Academy's giant auditorium, filled to the brim with people. Yang turns and waves, (Y/N) stands next to Yang looking around.

Yang: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: (to Jaune) Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! (leaves)

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?! (he moves on to reveal Pyrrha standing behind him, hand on her hips as she watches him walk away.)

Yang: (once Ruby joins them, arms crossed) How's your first day going, little sister?

Ruby: You mean since you both ditched me and I exploded?

(Y/N) looks at her.

(Y/N): But your still here?

Yang: Yikes! Meltdown already?

Ruby: No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?

Yang: (smiling broadly) Are you being sarcastic?