As Vine, Harriet, and Elm hurry to the hangar, they are greeted by the sight of Robyn Hill and Qrow Branwen making short work of a troop of Atlesian Knight-200s.

Jaune swings his sword at Ironwood, but the general dodges, grabbing his wrist. He lands a blow on Jaune's shield, and is blasted back by a wave of Gravity Dust. Oscar joins the fray, getting a few hits with The Long Memory in, but takes a hit to the stomach. One of Ren's grappling blades wraps around Ironwood's ankle, and he is pulled off his feet. Ren fires, but the general dodges, shaking off his tether. After a brief tussle, Ironwood sends Ren flying with a kick.

An ethereal glimmer is heard, and Ironwood looks skyward to find Nora being charged up by a lightning dust-infused Schnee glyph. Winter stands to the side, pointing her sword at Nora, clearly responsible for the glyph. Ironwood grimaces at the betrayal, then takes Nora's hammer to the face, tumbling bodily on the ground.

Meanwhile, in the hangar, Vine, Harriet, and Elm get ready to charge into battle.

Marrow Amin: Stay!

They stop in their tracks. Harriet painstakingly moves her eyes to see Marrow slowly approaching, pointing his index finger at her.

Winter and Oscar charge at Ironwood atop a Manticore summon, courtesy of the former. Ironwood is able to stop the Manticore by grabbing its horns, but its riders leap off. Winter hits the general in the back with icy projectiles as he slams her summon on the ground, destroying it. Upon landing, Winter summons a black glyph, which catches Oscar and propels him back at Ironwood. The boy unleashes a flurry of jabs at Ironwood's front, causing his Aura to shimmer.

Ironwood stumbles back, and Oscar presses on. However, the general catches his cane and prepares to attack with his free hand. Then, moving too fast for him to react, Winter slashes him across the chest with her sword, causing his Aura to dissipate. Ironwood's eyes roll into the back of his head, and he collapses. But he quickly gets back up only to get punch in the face by (Y/N) who just teleported in front of him. He falls to the ground laying on his back unconscious.

(Y/N): That felt good.

In the hangar, the detached, sparking head of an Atlesian Knight-200 hits the floor, one of Robyn's crossbow bolts embedded in it.

Qrow: Sorry guys, but we don't wanna fight.

Robyn: We didn't wanna drop Atlas either, but we've all had to make some tough calls, huh?

Winter sheathes her weapon, and straightens up. Emerald shimmers back into view again, hands Winter the weapon Ironwood dropped, and has the bolas taken off her wrists.

Winter: Go! Move to phase two.

Oscar, Jaune, Nora, Ren, (Y/N), and Emerald hurry into the academy.

Flashback: Teams RWBY, JNR, and Penny sit together on the ground in front of Schnee manor. Emerald and Oscar stand behind Jaune.

Nora: Guys, she has to go to the Vault.

Ruby: That's actually a risk we haven't considered.

Jaune: We've been so worried about keeping the Vault closed that we never considered using what's inside.

Oscar: The Staff of Creation.

Ruby: Maybe we could use it to save Penny and get everyone in Atlas and Mantle back to safety.

(Y/N): But how?

Willow and Whitley Schnee and Klein Sieben are seen standing in the manor's entrance as Weiss's Scroll beeps. Weiss checks on her Scroll.

Weiss: Well, you'll never guess who I just heard from.

Winter pushes Marrow roughly into an Atlas elevator. Marrow rubs his unbound wrists tenderly as Winter crosses her arms grimly.