6. The Spirit of Delphi Shows Support For Her Team

The next morning after breakfast, Lou Ellen and I broke off from Hermes cabin to head to the practice arena. There were a few campers there for early sword fighting lessons, but we didn't plan on bothering them.

We situated ourself on the other side of the arena and placed our things down.

"Another crossroads dream?" She guessed.

"How..?"

"The faraway look in your eyes," she answered. "You get it every time you think about them."

I didn't as many prophetic dreams as other demigods, which honestly kind of sucked. The only real notable dreams I had were of the crossroads which gave me vague images at least.

"Another torch down," I said. "Just trying to figure out what they mean."

"Tell me about it," she said, sitting on the ground cross legged and opening up her spell book.

I explained it to her and she hummed softly. "Who's Aurelia again?"

"A friend," I simply said.

"So you in armor, you kneeling to someone, and you fighting this Aurelia girl," Lou Ellen listed off. "That's rough, buddy."

"You're actually hilarious," I dryly said.

She shrugged and motioned to the ground in front of her. I huffed and sat down, placing my spell book on my lap.

"Gonna let it bother you?" Lou Ellen asked.

I shrugged. "It hasn't happened yet. I've got more important stuff to worry about right now."

She nodded. "I'm guessing you didn't have a lot of time to practice these last few months."

I shook my head. "I didn't wanna bust up Percy's place. Most I've been doing is Mist Control."

"Meditate with me?"

"I'm already here. Sure."

"Close your eyes," she instructed, and I did. "Deep breaths now."

I closed my eyes. "What's the goal of this?"

"Get you used to your energy flowing again," she explained. "And relaxation."

"My energy is flowing fine," I said.

"It could always be better," she said. "Now focus."

"Yeah, yeah," I responded and began to slowly breathe.

"Feel within yourself," she said. "Feel the energy lying dormant deep within. Once you find it, wake it up."

"Wake it up?" I repeated.

"It's not being used," she reasoned, "so it's asleep. You know that feeling of it like crackling and bubbling as you get ready to cast a spell?"

"I mean, I don't know if 'crackling and bubbling' is the right way to describe it, but sure." I agreed. "It feels like it's alive."

"Precisely," she said. "Now wake it up."

I was still clueless as to what she meant, but I just sighed and focused as best as I could. I didn't have to search long, because the feeling of my magic was familiar to me. It moved slowly, swirling around calmly like it was waiting to be used. The faint thrum of energy seemed to take place in every part of my body.

Almost like it could feel me observing it, the energy began to move a bit faster, sending warm pulses through my muscles.

I thought I could do better than that, so I tried to push it a little. The energy responded eagerly, swirling into a storm of magical force within my body.