Chapter 15

Y/N did what she could to gather herself together. She slowly pulled back, but struggled because of the kind of awkwarness of her positioning. He slowly started to position his back upward, as to help her out in this endeavor.

Her breathing began to regulate. She felt her tears turn cold, as the 'fresh', warm supply had stopped production. She reached her hands to her face to wipe them away in one quick swoop.

"So-- how did you get here exactly?" Y/N asked.

"Okay-- so-- don't freak out but--"

"Wait-- it's okay, you can tell me later-- we need to--focus on getting out" she stated in between recovering, yet still a bit shaky, breaths.

"Yes. Okay, so I saw a series of doors-- and they led to a variety of -- what I presume to be thoughts or memories"

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed a bit. Her cheeks were still a bit rosy-- as was her nose.

"So-- this isn't real?"

"I wouldn't think so-- maybe a thought more than a memory?"

"So-- does that mean we don't experience a threat-- I mean-- that there is no threat outside?"

"I don't know Y/N-- I'd say it's better to not take the risk and just leave"

"Oh-- okay-- um-- well, isn't the 'threat' the only place whereby we can leave?"

"I did come in through the closet--"

The footsteps from outside came closer-- louder-- the pace slowing.

Scorpius got up immediately, grabbing, gently yet firmly, Y/N's lower arm, pulling her toward the closet.

Their footsteps attempted to be silent, but the wooden floors betryed them. The knob of the door suddenly began to jiggle violently. It was slightly stuck.

Y/N had just made it into the closet, and Scorpius followed closely behind her. The door of the room opened dramatically, with a violent force. Y/N jumped, and covered her mouth immediately to suppress her desire to cry. Scorpius gently guided her to the back of the closet, behind some dresses, and, after moving a bit more toward the back, they saw their way out.

"Y/N, donde estas?" yelled the all to familiar voice from within the room.

Y/N and Scorpius exited. The voice that had called for Y/N-- initially so strong -- was now barely audible.

Y/N looked to Scorpius, then turned away when he looked to her.

"I--I'm so embarassed. This is my brain huh-- well the visual part of it-- none of that pink and gray mushy stuff"

"It seems like that to me-- interesting organization. Lots of doors. "

"Oh-- oh dear-- you can-- oh my gosh"

"come on, let's get out of here-- I think we should um--"

The abstract child came by, surprising Y/N, but a familiar face to Scorpius. The odd figure tugged at Scorpius' sleeve. Y/N felt the slightest pang of jealousy at the figure not really giving her too much attention--it was her brain after all.

The pair followed the figure as it pulled Scorpius behind it. Y/N stayed close by.

They continued through the path that Scorpius had trecked on his way to finding Y/N. Y/N looked to Scorpius from time to time. She wasn't too sure about how she'd gotten here-- and why she'd never been here before either. Perhaps this was a symptom of --well-- her mind coming to life in the room of requirement-- or perhaps it had something to do with how she was an obscurus. Also--- if he'd been able to get into her mind-- did this mean that he would have access to it--from now on? Had he always had access to it? It'd be so embarrassing if he did, she figured.

"Um--Y/N" said Scorpius, tapping her shoulder with his free hand and then pointing to the sky of this strange world within a world that was her mind. And there-- in a lovely font-- in print-- was what she'd just thought.

Oh My Gosh.

She thought such as the words were seemingly typed up into the sky. She blushed slightly from embarassment.

"How much did you see?"

"I -- "

"Nevermind it doesn't matter-- for now at least-- besides it seems we're here-- at some end"

They entered what was a large room with a huge panel/window.

"What's this--my prefrontal cortex or something?"

"That's probably a bit broad-- I'd say this whole thing-- that I don't fully understand-- is probably located -- if this is in any way connected to muggle reality and not just 'magic'-- is probably a few neurons doing their thing"

"The hippocampus, maybe? Gosh-- I really need to look into neuroscience more--"

"In your defense, there's still so much we don't know about the brain-- so the best answer is probably still along the lines of something fuzzy and broad-- but hopefully in the right direction"

Y/N smiled -- that was a thought she'd had from time to time when she was still in the muggle world-- and she was happy to have been able to share in this --thought-- with someone else. She looked to Scorpius, catching his gaze.

"I feel like I haven't shared in interests with someone in a while-- or been on a similar brainwave-- "

"Hey-- we're friends-- I think sharing similar brain waves is kind of a part of the contract-- "

Y/N giggled. Her eyes were no longer puffy from having cried earlier. Scorpius noted that she was starting to disappear-- in the same way he had prior to entering her mind. He reached his hand out and Y/N held out hers. They held hands and eventually both dissappeared from the room.

---

Scorpius opened his eyes to the room of requirement.  Rose sat in the background, focused on a sheet of paper, and Albus sat in his immediate field of vision, right by Y/N.  Scorpius was positioned in a kneeling position only a few feet away.  He scooted himself closer. 
Y/N opened her eyes. She closed them immediately upon noticing the light.  She audibly hissed as she winced.  The internal angle of her elbow covered her eyes.  She turned her body rightward, trying to avoid the direct light.  She then opened her eyes again.  She still felt that weird warmth, but it was going away.  She felt a light sweat cool her down— at last— her body was receptive to that kind of sensory input. 
She weakly sat up, notably shaky.
Scorpius came to her aid — as did Albus.  The two helped prop her against a bookshelf.
Albus handed her a cup of water, but she felt still to weak to consume it— that is— until tears began to fall down her face. 
By this point, Rose had slipped out of the room. 
"Y/N— here"
She grabbed a tissue from the offered box by the only Potter she could stand at this school.
Why was Rose even there? Was she going to go and make life complicated for her?
"I'm s-so sor—ry.  I-I-m so em—embarrassed"
Her face was covered entirely by her hands.
"I don't know why my body sabotages me— it's like I don't fit into a box for this— it's just a thing— that"
"Y/N, I don't know that I understand" responded Albus.
Scorpius had an inkling as to what was going on, so he took the reins.
"Albus, how about Y/N and I chat for a little"
"Yeah of course"
He leaned over and hugged Y/N, and Y/N reciprocated. 
"Thank you" she whispered as he exited the hug.
As he walked out, and the slightest pang of jealousy exited Scorpius, he focused his attention back to Y/N.
"You don't have to explain anything—don't do anything you're uncomfortable with— just please tell me how I can help you"