Chapter 2

A woman with dark olive, youthful skin, icy, blonde hair plaited around her head, and grayish-purple eyes looked down at Y/N.  She was wearing an odd array of colors and shapes that meshed into a lovely, unified item of clothing.  It was a robe.

Y/N stared at the woman, admiring her clothing.  

"I assume you know why you're here?" gruntled the woman.

"Actually no-- but the signs point to the idea that I'm a witch!  Oh my gosh-- at last-- at last!"

"Sure--why not"

"What do you mean?" asked Y/N, clearly disappointed.

"You have magical ability-- at least, we think you do--- but we don't know why it never showed itself in your youth.  We thought you were a squib, as your only magical ability might have been from a distant grandmother that we cannot directly trace lineage to you from.  Then again, we just don't know--"

"Well, that sucks-- wait-- then why am I here?  Where am I?  What magic? " Y/N paused for a second, considering the fact that her questions would overwhelm this individual, "Who are you?  Who is we?" 

The woman knelt down to get a better look at the girl.

"I am--- was--- the headmistress of Ilvermorny.  The school shut down because of-- of events that even I can't bring myself to repeat", her strong, full voice quivering slightly at the mentioning of the latter.

Y/N's stare persisted as if nudging her for more information.  Her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"I can't give you my name-- not right now--.  There are  a lot of questions that I can't give you the answer to.  That--" she pointed at the shining item in Y/N's hand, "is yours.  You have a trace of magic that we can't quite identify; you are not a muggle, and have the same abilities of a squib"

Y/N nodded, pressing benignly for more information.

"You are the last of the magical and potentially magical that we've been able to smuggle out of their anti-magic homes.  Since Ilvermorny is not currently operating and there is no one you can trust to teach you magic at home, we have contacted our sister school, Hogwarts---"

Y/N's eyes widened and the tiniest, yet clearest of squeals escaped her lips.

The woman's eyes squinted slightly with an amused look.  

"--As I was saying, Hogwarts was contacted in regards to your situation and we believe we can arrange for you to attend for a couple of years.  Of course, unless there is something, holding--you---back", she continued, slowing her words as she saw Y/N's face drop.

"But I would be entering my last year.  I wouldn't really get an experience, now would I?" and at that moment, Y/N slightly slapped herself.  She was being so ungrateful.  She should have been jumping with joy.

"I know.  The goal is for you to put your time-turner to good use.  You will go in as a seventh year, but we have set up a set course of study for you to catch up with your peers.  Though I understand that a year is not enough, and so, a bit more will be done in that regard, but we will discuss that when the time comes."

"Alright, let's go"

"And with no trunk?  Nothing to bring?"

"Well, what can I bring?  And, how can I go without my family saying anything", Y/N stated, shuttering slightly, and noting the slight shuttering of the ground beneath her as she remembered them, her family.

"I think we can work something out", the woman stated, a slight smirk forming at her lips.