Chapter 14

Scorpius opened the door to the room of requirement, thinking he'd probably find Y/N in there. 

He was worried about her-- the day she'd fainted from consuming caffeine didn't make sense.  Was she not drinking enough water?  What could it be?

Now that he'd thought about it, she wasn't really eating much at the dining hall-- but then again, who could blame her?  Some people are more-so snackers as opposed to meal-eaters.  He really didn't want to assume the worst. 

But then again, comparing the photo that he'd taken with her and Albus with her now-- what was it-- something was different--.

He needed to check in on her-- no, what?  he didn't like her-- he just-- cared for her.  A friendship kind of care.  No blurry line was being crossed in any way whatsoever. 

He looked in to the room, and there she stood, a frame that showcased herself slightly more gaunt than only a few days before.  She seemed disoriented, losing her grip of a huge book, and it fell on her feet, then bounced to the side.

He tried to call her name, as she hadn't seen him, but then, her color became pale, and she fell, none of her reflexes acting up to lessen the fall. 

He ran to her, intense guilt surrounding him for not being able to act quickly enough to catch her. 

"Y/N, Y/N" he frantically called out, grabbing a pillow that was conveniently right by him and propping her head against it"

Someone else came through the door, followed by another person.  Rose, and Albus came in.

"Did you murder her?" chuckled Rose.

Albus ran to Y/N's side immediately, checking her pulse. 

"How can you make a joke like that Rose, Y/N's our friend" (I know, cringe statement).

"And, how is she Albus?"

"She's breathing, though we're going to need to check to see how the fall impacted her."

"Albus, she isn't awake yet.  When--when is she supposed to wake up?"

Rose looked at Scorpius, her strangely founded sadism toning down a bit when she saw the panic in her eyes. 

"Maybe you can try to use legilimens or something-- maybe she's just deeply unconcious"

"Yh-yeah that's right"

"Okay, do what you gotta do, I'll go get her some water Albus" said Rose as she walked out of the room, headed toward the kitchen.

Scorpius recited a small incantation, and slowly, he saw his surroundings fall away and he found himslef at an outdoor setting-- a park maybe? He couldn't quite tell. 

Grass surrounded him, and, while not entirely sure of where to go, he saw a brick path that began to form to his right.  He followed it.  Surely this was her own mind trying to bring her back. 

He walked for some time before buildings began to appear, and, at the face of those buildings, doors began to form. 

He took a gamble and decided to just open a door made of brown, really thin wood.  The inside was likely hollow, as the door was light.  He turned a partially stuck knob and looked in. 

"Eres fea, gorda-- ha! y piensas que alguien fuera de yo te quisiera?  Nadien fuera de yo te aceptara toda quebrada"

Scorpius looked in, trying to identify the source of the voice and cruel words.  He realized he was looking in from a closet door, as he saw a few dresses and skirts hung around him.  He continued to alow his eyes to move around when he saw a woman, of a relatively wide frame, with a long, jean skirt, and a thick cardigan.  Her black hair hung long and wavy down her back, with elements of silver making for a glittering effect. 

A voice, not of the woman, began to sniffle and then cry out.

"H-how can you say that-- why-I"

It was Y/N, but he couldn't see her.  She was probably blocked by the woman.

The woman moved a bit, maybe done with her antagonization of Y/N?

There she sat, Y/N.  Her breaking voice caused an intense pang of sympathy to form in him.

"m-mama, porque-- porque me di-di--"

"Hay, callate la boca..."

Y/N sat there.  She existed in a larger body than the one Scorpius had met her with, but not one opinion about her that Scorpius already had of Y/N changed. 

He backed out, understanding that this may have been a memory, and realized that he may need to look for Y/N.
He found himself back in the room of requirement. He didn't know how to wake her up. Albus grabbed a towel and dipped it in a bowl of cold water and dapped it on her face. She breathed slow, silent breaths, her ribcage rising and falling.
"What happened?" Inquired Albus.
"I ran into a memory— at least I think it was. How can I find her —well— present consciousness?"
Rose spoke up, " maybe her looking like her current self will help—"
"And her mind probably wants to help her, so ask around— you're the legilimens from what I hear, so if anyone can do it, it's you"
"Okay" breathed Scorpius.
He recited the incantation and then proceeded back into her mind, back in the same place. The same door stood next to him. As did many, many other doors. He resisted the urge to just open every single one, and i stead tried out the advice given to him.
"Help?"
Nothing happened. He figured he'd continue to walk and hope that maybe some door would lead him to the right place— that maybe it'd be marked with something familiar. No such door came for quite a while. He continued, when something scurried in the distance. It then ran into another brown door. Though, this one was a bit heavy. He figured there was no harm in following suit with whatever the figure was.
He slowly opened the door, peeking in, he saw y/n... almost as she was now. Though, her hair was longer, and ahead of was not quite as gaunt as she was now— with her figure about the same as it was when he met her. He looked about and saw a boom by her side—- it read,"The—-ild". He couldn't quite make out the middle section as it was covered by her cellular device.
She stood up and walked toward a fridge, pulling out a giant cake.
Something was off in her demeanor. She possessed a face that looked like it did before she fainted— but clearly, she was not on the verge of fainting. She grabbed a fork, and then began to dig in. She took a bit, then another, then another. The pace at which she consumed the cake increased dramatically— as did her breathing rate— and she then began to cry. But— she wouldn't stop. She was clearly in pain, but couldn't seem to stop. Perhaps this was another memory?
He turned away upon feeling a small tug in his sleeve— seeing a small figure— what had the likeness of an abstract child— point him toward a different door within where he stood. He peered in, and saw her, with a cup of warm water in hand, write in old, chunky book.
"It's been 34 hours. I'll go on a walk— here's to not fainting. This is my punishment."
What?
The small abstract child disappeared. He continued to walk down the path until he met the last door he could find. It was thick and white. He opened it slowly, and there— it had to be her.
He walked in carefully.
"S-Scorpius?" y/n asked.