Chapter 34

Ryder's pov

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What is that? I opened my eyes and realized I was in the hospital. What happened? We were rescuing Kayden and I found him, I don't remember anything after that.

Kayden.

I tried to get up but the pain forced me to stay where I was. Fucking shit.

"Before you panic and make a complete fool of yourself, take a deep breath." Jax said.

"What the hell Jax!? I need to find Kayden-"

"Breathe you idiot!"

I cursed silently but closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My mind calmed down and everything seemed to be better. Kayden's scent. I opened my eyes and turned my gaze to the right.

There he was. On the next bed lay my mate like a sleeping angel. He has been cleaned but the bruises and wounds are still visible. But damn he is beautiful.

I don't know how long I stared at him before Simon entered the room.

"Good to see you awake Alpha." He whispered.

"What happened and how is he?" I asked.

"Well Alpha, you were shot with a bullet that contained wolfbane but we managed to treat the wound. You have been unconscious for a day. And Kayden.." He glanced at Kayden after which he smiled at me.

"He will be fine. He has bruises and cuts, a couple of small fractures, but he's fine. Even though he's a fighter he's still an omega so it takes longer to heal so he'll probably sleep for another day or two." His smile fell.

"Processing the trauma is a separate issue and it would be good for him to work on it with a professional." He said seriously and my mood dropped immediately. How I wish I could kill that bastard again.

"He saved you." Simon said out of the blue and I looked at him questioningly.

"If it wasn't for Kayden, we wouldn't have come back here in time to take care of you. When I told him the marking could save you, he didn't doubt it for a second." Simon said with a smile and left the room.

I stared at the ceiling. He marked me. I touched my neck and sure enough, little sparks went through my body as I touched the mark.

I turned my gaze to Kayden who was sleeping peacefully. If only he'd let me mark him soon. I want everyone to know that he belongs to me.

"Sonya?"

"Oh my Goddess Ryder! Glad you're okay! How are you?"

"Good. Could you bring the kids here?"

"Of course. Do you mind if Nick comes along?"

"Of course not, because of him I got Kayden back." I answered and closed the mindlink.

It wasn't long before Sonya, Nick and the kids entered the room. The twins ran to Kayden but realized that he was not to be disturbed. Sonya put Alana in my arms.

Alana rested her head against my chest.

"Dad." I lifted Alana from my chest and looked at her.

"Did you call me dad?" I asked and she giggled. Alana then looked at Kayden and pointed her finger at him.

"Da-da." I looked at Sonya in astonishment.

"I said that they have created a bond." Sonya smiled.

"Daddy, could you wake up?" Cassie whispered to Kayden and I felt bad for the kids. They have missed their dad so much.