Chapter 4

Ryder's pov

(In the morning of the same day)

I woke up startled when someone hit me with a pillow. I jumped out of bed and was ready to attack whoever dared to disturb my sleep. However, the attack was cut short when Sonya, my weakness, stood in front of me.

Sonya is my little sister, she is 15 years old. Her long dark brown hair was tied in a ponytail and her light blue eyes glared at me. She is beautiful girl. How the hell can I not murder all the males who try to hit on my sister.

Why is she glaring me?

"What?" I asked tiredly.

"What? It's just that I'm going to be late for school too when my lazy brother can't get up on time! I'll walk from now on if I have to wake you up every morning." She ranted.

"Calm down and relax a bit Sonya, that frown doesn't suit your pretty face." I replied with an innocent smile only to earn another pillow right in my face.

"Hurry up." She growled and marched out of the room. Oh, how she can be lovely.

A quick shower and clothes on. I tousled my damp hair and looked in the mirror, looking good as always.

"As modest as always.." Jax complained.

"Oh come on, not again!" I answered to him.

"I think it's time for you to pull on some big boy pants and start acting like an Alpha should." He dared to roll his eyes at me in my mind and cut the mindlink before I can answer to him.

Old furball, can't have any fun.

I love Jax but he's an old fashioned wolf. He is wise, strong, honest but serious. As long as Jax has been with me he has been preparing for the upcoming Alpha role and would like me to do the same.

I'm only 17! Well, in a couple of weeks, 18, but still young! I think I'm perfectly fine being wild and free as long as I can. I can be a serious adult when I find a mate and get the Alpha title.

My mate, how I wish it was Julia. We have been together for two years and I really love her.

"RYDER!" Sonya screamed from downstairs so I quickly grabbed my backpack, ran downstairs and grabbed an apple for breakfast. Then I hurried to the car and we headed to school.

Jason and Thomas were waiting for me at my locker. They are my best friends and they will be future Beta and Gamma. Soon we were also joined by humans Brian and Keith, they are fine. We play soccer in the same team and I'm the captain so they like to be around me.

Our conversation was interrupted when someone burst into loud laughter. Brian and Keith were glaring in the direction of the sound and I turned to see what was going on there.

Oh, Lexie. Should have guessed. She laughed at Dylan who looked like he might explode at any moment. Kayden was watching the situation next to them.

Fucking hell, why can't this morning start calmly. I can almost hear Brian's brain racing as he tries to think of ways to bully Kayden.

They bully and beat him because they think he's a nerd, a freak because of his eyes and because he's gay.

He is not like a normal omega, he is tall, slightly muscular and can be defiant. No matter what we do he has never broken down and never cries.

Even though he is a pack member I haven't stopped them, why? Well, I'm telling you, not that I'd ever admit these things out loud.

Kayden is simply absolutely fucking gorgeous. Breathtaking.

He's beautiful and handsome at the same time, if that makes any sense. He could compete with any woman or man in terms of looks. Girls are jealous of him and many straight boys also look at him for too long.

Cold blond hair that looks silky soft, so soft that I want to touch it. Beautiful/handsome face and full lips.

Then there's his damn eyes..

The most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Green and blue, so bright they don't even look real. Thick black eyelashes only accentuate his eyes even more. I could stare into his eyes forever.

But I'm not gay! I don't know why I feel this way about Kayden. So, to deny it to myself, I did what a self-doubting young straight man would do, I started bully him too.

Do I like it? No, but it makes me forget those wrong thoughts for a while.

"You know this will backfire on you later pup." Jax preached in my mind as Brian tried to scare Kayden. I didn't answer him as my attention focused on Kayden.

"Good morning Brian. How are you? Look, if you want to kiss me, just do it, I have to go to my class. I don't think I'll enjoy it though, considering your morning breath." He said and my mind suddenly went blank.

Brian kissing Kayden. Just the thought makes me furious! No one can kiss his lips except me! Wait. No! What the hell!? Okay, I have to get out of here and find Julia.

After the situation was resolved and after yet another failed attempt to dominate him, I was more confused than before. What Kayden said made a horrible feeling spread through my chest.

He doesn't want me to be his Alpha. Why does it feel so bad? Maybe because Alphas want respect, yep that's it.

It felt like the whole day went by in a blur. What is wrong with me.

"Are you okay Ryder?" Julia brought me back from my thoughts.

"Hmmh? Yes, yes, everything is fine. Now give me a kiss and let's go home, we still have training today." I said and kissed her.

When I finally got to training, I was in a bad mood again. On the way home, I saw Kayden and Damien walking home, they seemed close. Is Damien gay too? Maybe bi? Are they together? Why do I care what they do!? Aargh!

"Perhaps your conscience is starting to bother you after you've treated him so badly." Jax said.

"I think you enjoy this, fleabag."

"Maybe a little, hairless rat." Jax grinned.

"Hey! That was mean!" I whined.

"Whatever." And he cut the mindlink again.

I grunted and flipped off Jason just as the whistle blew. I drank my water and wiped the sweat off my face and hair with a towel. I looked around for Julia when I saw her talking to Kayden. They hugged and Kayden went to his brother before running towards their house.

I watched as he disappeared into the forest and sighed deeply.

Maybe I should avoid him.. Or better, show him his place harder!

Jax sighed deeply in my mind and shook his head.