Chapter 1

Kayden's pov

"Uugh.." I groaned and blindly tried to look for my phone so that the alarm could be turned off. After a while I remembered that I always leave my phone on the table so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.

How can I forget it every time?

"Get up and turn off that torture device!" Kai, my wolf, was howling in my mind. He likes his dreams even more than I do.

"I don't want to get up and go to school, you know that." I whined back at him and buried my head in the pillow.

"You're about to have bigger problems than school if you don't turn that noise off!" He growled.

Who would have imagined that an omega wolf could be so dramatic. I rolled my eyes and started to fight myself out of bed.

"Have you heard that a wolf and a human are usually the same?" He fired back.

"Okay, fine. Now shut up." It's better to go with his wishes, it's easier. Kai huffed contentedly and continued his dreams in my mind.

I dragged myself out of bed and headed to my bathroom, a cool shower will wake me up. I'm happy that my body is not sore and all the bruises are gone. Well, that will change again today when I get into the hellhole called school.

Yep, I get bullied at school. No one knows about it because I don't want pity from anyone. I may be an omega but I'm not submissive by nature like omegas usually are. My body structure is also unusual. I'm quite tall and have a slim but muscular body.

Also, my bullies don't want anyone to know what they are doing. Or one of them. He is the future Alpha of our pack, and he can't be bullying his own. Two of his friends are humans and they started the whole bullying thing.

I don't know why but the future Alpha joined them unlike his Beta and Gamma. They are usually involved, but they don't touch me and are usually the ones who calm things down. They also check on me while the other idiots leave.

I sighed deeply and got out of the shower. I looked at my reflection. Admittedly, I think I'm pretty good looking. I have cold blond hair that reaches a little above my ears, a graceful nose and full lips. I have lightly tanned skin and I like to dress stylishly.

I stared at my reflection, then there are my eyes. The one thing I love most about myself because it makes me different. I have heterochromia, one eye is bright blue and the other is bright green. My wolf form also has similar eyes, Kai is light in color.

Especially Brian and Keith, those uncivilized baboons who are humans, chose my eyes as the target of bullying. For real? Yup. Also, I'm really smart, so I'm automatically a nerd in their eyes. Oh! And did I forget to mention that I'm openly gay? These are the main reasons for them to disturb my peaceful life.

I can still understand those jerks but our future Alpha Ryder.. No idea why he doesn't like me. My gayness shouldn't really be a problem because it's not that rare among werewolves.

"Don't let them bother you. Yes, they bully and beat us, but in a week we'll find our mate and everything will be better!" Kai interrupted my ramblings.

"And! We have the best big brother ever, two best friends, and despite being bullied, we're pretty popular." Kai continued proudly.

"You're right, I just couldn't bear to see those jerks almost every day." I answered.

It is true that we are quite popular, because of our looks and because I'm smart. We are also nice to everyone. And my brother Caleb is the best. A bit overprotective but the best anyway.

We've been alone since our parents died in a rogue attack eight years ago. I was only ten years old and Caleb was fifteen. Alpha and Luna let us live in our own home and helped us whenever we needed help.

Caleb is now 23 years old and he is responsible for guarding our pack and his mate Elise is a nurse in our pack's hospital. They have helped me a lot. Caleb has trained me to know how to fight and stand my ground, and Elise has taught me how to treat damages from a fight.

I hurried downstairs and found a ready breakfast in the kitchen and a note telling me to eat. Like I said, best brother ever!

I ate my breakfast and started walking to school. The trip takes about fifteen minutes, a good time to clarify thoughts both before and after school. Being outside is like my second nature, being a werewolf.

"Do you want to go running in the evening after training and Caleb's training?" I asked Kai.

"If only we're not too tired then hell yeah!" Kai screamed in my mind.

And yes, we train twice a day. Fortunately, not every day because the pack's training is three times a week, but Caleb wants to train with us every day. And I'm not complaining about it, we also want to be stronger and break the reputation that omegas have.

Like why should omega be controllable by everyone just because we're a little weaker? I don't think omega has to submit to anyone except the Alpha of his own pack. I think my mate is an equal, so I'm not going to bow down to him either.

Then the training, wouldn't it be better if the omegas trained as much as everyone else so that others don't always have to be there to save and protect us if we are under attack.

Oh and our heat! Omega's heat is every few months and really painful. If you don't have a mate, you either suffer or are almost unconscious from the medication. Fun right? No!

Omega doesn't need a mate to ease the pain, you can also be with someone else but what reputation does that get? I think that's stupid too. You don't have to have sex for the pain to stop. Personally, I'm waiting for my mate when it comes to sex, but when I'm in heat, I have a friend with whom I make out, as simple as that.

"Badass omega!" Kai cheered in my mind. He thinks the same as I do, the omega title doesn't define what we choose to be.

The trip to school went quickly when I was thinking about these things. I rolled my eyes and prepared to step inside. However, I didn't get very far when I was tackled to the ground.