Chapter 30

Kayden's pov

Now that things are settled with Ryder I can finally fully settle back here. Although I miss the Silver Dagger pack and its members, I finally feel at home.

I have my best friends and family back. I am happy.

"You just have to stop resisting our mate pull and everything would be perfect." Kai was dreaming in my mind.

"You know I need more time, but I'm thinking about it." I answered.

The only dark cloud in my life is the attack last week. I had no problem getting through it but before they transformed and attacked they told me to come with them. Why? Who knows.

I couldn't tell Ryder about this or I would never have been able to move without a bodyguard again. Anyway, it bothered me so much that I had a discussion with my kids about how they should act if something were to happen to me.

I shook my head, enough dark thoughts. I have just finished setting up the picnic and I'm waiting for Sonya and Alana.

Another thing Ryder doesn't know about. I've seen Sonya and Alana. Maybe it's because I'm an omega, but I have created a bond with that sweet little girl. She has no mother and she is Ryder's daughter and my kids sister. I have also been able to open up to Sonya about my and Ryder's situation and my conflicted feelings.

Where the hell are they?

"Kayden, something is wrong.." Kai said.

I didn't manage to answer him when five men appeared from the forest. Not again! And I can't warn Sonya or Ryder because we've postponed the official joining of the pack. Shit. At least the twins are safe because they spend the day with their father.

"Hello cutie. You're coming with us." The blond haired male said.

These are not rogue wolves. Each of them looks well-groomed and in good condition.

"I don't think so." I growled back at them and all the fun disappeared instantly.

The blond male nodded to the others and they started walking towards me. I didn't bother to transform when they were already next to me and tried to get me to going with them.

I fought them as well as I could and got some good damage done because they underestimated me. Also I felt like they were trying not to hurt me. I don't know how long we continued to struggle when we were interrupted by a loud voice.

"ENOUGH!"

Our struggle stopped and we turned in the direction of the sound. What..

"Kyle?" I asked confused.

"It's Alpha Kyle and you Kayden are coming with me." He said and smirked.

"I don't think so." I answered and as if he expected it because he snapped his fingers and soon two men approached us.

The first thing I noticed was the man who was dragging Sonya with him, she was almost unconscious.

"Sonya!" I screamed in panic. Is she okay? I tried to get to her but two men held me in place. I started to lunge at them until a scream stopped me.

"Dada!"

"No.." I quickly turned around and my heart dropped. Another of the approaching men hung Alana by the collar of her shirt. I couldn't even be happy that she called me dada for the first time. I was so afraid for them.

"Let them go!" I screamed and felt tears well up in my eyes. I elbowed the other man in the face and wriggled out of their grip. I tried to run to Alana and Sonya but Kyle stopped me.

"Not so fast mate. It's time for us to go." He whispered in my ear and I pushed him away.

"What the hell Kyle!? Let them go!" I yelled at him. What I didn't expect was that he would ever hit me.

I fell to the ground from the force of the blow and held my cheek. I looked at Kyle in shock.

"You seem to forget Kayden that we are no longer under the queen's watchful eye so it's time for you to respect your superiors as an omega should. If you want them to survive, you will go with me right now." He growled and I tried to hold back a cry.

"O-okay. But first I want to see that they are okay." I said.

Kyle growled and I quickly looked down and exposed my neck "please Alpha." How disgusting to submit to him but I'll do anything so they don't hurt them.

"Hurry up then." I rushed to take Alana in my arms and soothed the crying child. I moved next to Sonya who was lying on the ground. She had been beaten and looked at me through tears.

"Are you okay?" I asked her sadly. Sonya nodded so I put Alana down next to her. I quietly whispered to her "he's Alpha Kyle."
I got up and Sonya gave me a little nod.

I walked over to Kyle and as soon as I was next to him I felt a sting in my neck and I started to feel dizzy.

"Kayden.." I heard Kai whisper and then he disappeared. I felt myself being thrown on the shoulder and Kyle saying we were going home.

I am glad that all my loved ones are safe. I thought about Ryder, how I wish things were different. That I would have had the guts to say I loved him no matter what.

"Help me Ryder.." I thought even though I knew he couldn't hear me.

Then everything went dark.