Chapter 21

Ryder's pov

Nervous. That's the only word I can use to describe how I feel. I'm finally here, in the Silver Dagger pack and I can finally reclaim what's rightfully mine.

It's been hard to focus and pretend that I want to learn to be a better leader when really I just want to explore every single corner to find Kayden.

But damn, there's no sign of him. There is not even his scent anywhere. Not even the Queen and the King have mentioned anything about my missing mate or that he might be here. He has to be here, right?

Aargh! I pushed the blanket off me and walked over to the window. In the distance I could see a large building, the omega center. He has to be there. I have to go there tomorrow, I can't put it off until my departure day.

"And what are you going to say to the Queen? We have no reason to go there." Jax asked.

"I have to sneak in there. We're running out of time and that building is the only possible place he could be." I said and started planning how I would visit there.

"Fine. We still have two days before we leave. Tomorrow we'll secretly check out the center after dinner. But now go to sleep." Jax commanded and I smiled back at him.

I took one last look at the center and went back to bed. I dug a picture of Kayden out of my backpack and fell asleep looking at it.

The next day seemed to crawl at a snail's pace. As is this dinner. I was just waiting for an opportunity to check out the omega center. I tried to eat my food as quickly as possible but without attracting attention.

"Thank you for this dinner. I think I'll retire to my room now to rest." I said politely to everyone who was eating and headed towards my guest room. However, as soon as I was sure that I wouldn't be seen, I went out. I walked towards the center as fast as possible.
After the forest, a large building was in front of me, I couldn't help but look in wonder. It's much bigger than I thought.

I walked in and straight to the reception desk.

"Hey. I'm looking for Kayden Jones, is he here?" I directly asked the nurse behind the counter who just glanced at me quickly.

"Are you here to participate in our program? For the mateless omegas? If you are then unfortunately Kayden no longer participates in it or wants to see other Alphas." She replied bored.

What the fuck? Other Alphas? Jealousy and possessiveness tried to take over me, but I knew how important it was to keep my temper under control. At least now.

"Look, I just want to know if he's here." I said, already raising my voice a little.

"And why do you want to know that handsome?" The nurse answered back without taking her eyes off the computer.

"Can you just answer me!? I don't have all day!" Finally, I snapped at her loudly. I noticed how the nurse was startled.

"Hey! Don't yell at my employees! What the hell is your problem!?" That voice..

I turned around and there he was. Kayden, after eight years. We both stared at each other.

He's drop dead gorgeous. If I once called him breathtaking, I don't even know how to describe him now.