Sun Deserves Better

In which Earth is the golden child of both LAES and SAMS, and the blatant favoritism from the shows AND Moon pisses me off to no end. So I'm yoinking Sun away from those bitches and handing him over to my Nice Eclipse AU (now called TABB) New Moon for comfort.

We're proceeding with a pre-established friendship between Sun and my New Moon, and the discontinued one-shot about Sun visiting their world isn't canon. My boys will be using nicknames for simplicity, my Nice Eclipse is Harley and my New Moon is Nem, which is a nickname given to him by LunalaEternia on AO3! /aff

-----

"Here, I got us both some drinks," Nem says as he comes back to the loft, setting a canister of oil on the table for me and taking a sip of his cup of soda, since he and his brothers are all designed to be able to eat and drink human stuff.

"Oh, ah, t- thanks," I mumble, mustering a brief smile that falls faster than I'd like it to.

He looks at me with a frown, setting down his cup and letting out a soft breath. "So... It's not that I'm not happy to see you, but it's very odd for you to visit at this time of day, namely because it's the middle of the night back at your world. You should really be asleep right now, shouldn't you?"

"Yeah. But I honestly couldn't sleep. I've got so much on my mind, a- and I just- I just can't sort it all out on my own."

"Alright. Lay it on me, I'll do my best to help you sort it all."

"... You know how Bloodmoon attacked Earth?" I ask quietly, looking to him as he nods in answer. "After that, Moon found Bloodmoon's coordinates, and we- we went after them to end things."

"Are you okay?" Nem asks immediately, brows creased with worry.

"No. We didn't kill them, but- but a lot still came from all that." I close my eyes as I sigh heavily, hating how guilt begins coiling in my servos right alongside anger that's been simmering for days now. "I tried to give them an out. I faced them on my own and tried to talk to them, because everyone wanted them dead. Everyone still wants them dead. But they refused to listen to me, and then they brought up... July 16th. They admitted that they were responsible for taking control of my body and committing the massacre that day. They relished in that memory and threw it in my face. But- but somehow, that's not the worst part!"

I bury my face in my hands with a hiss, clenching my teeth as hard as I possibly can while the anger begins to boil up again. Nem doesn't say or do anything to stop me- he knows just as well how hard it can be to make the anger stop.

"The worst part is, I was right to kill them when I did," I snarl, dropping my hands to my lap and digging my claws into my pant legs. "Because they won't change, they outright refuse to. But I didn't know that before, I spent so long feeling like a disgusting, cruel monster for what I did to them, because of what Moon said! He said they were just like him and that they could have changed if I hadn't robbed them of the chance. I have been hallucinating and seeing them for months of my life because Moon tricked me into thinking they were like him, when they're not! Moon did change, he kept changing and fighting to be better because he cared- Bloodmoon doesn't care! Why did Moon think they did, why did he care about them so much that he saw himself in them when he and Bloodmoon are nothing alike?!"

"And more importantly, I think you want to know why Moon cared more about Bloodmoon than he did about you when you needed him most," Nem points out in a hushed tone, and I have to cover my eyes to hide the way they sting with tears. Because he's right. "C'mon, Sun. Keep going, let it all out. I'm listening. I'm here for you."