I Didn't Mean It...

In which Eclipse tries to get Moon to rest, but he refuses to like always. The solar animatronic tries to give his usual gentle push, but in doing so triggers a snap that neither of them ever wanted to breach the air... (Sun and Moon Show short, centers around nice Eclipse's world. Headcanon heavy, but I hope I portrayed everyone well enough!)
(Also Monty's and Chica's accents are going to be written badly and we're just going to have to make our peace with that. Text below is from my comment on nice Eclipse's debut episode, discussing why I think Sun ended up comatose.)

-----

-----

"Moon, you need to take a break."

"I'm not finished yet, I still have too much work to do. I need to fix Sun's voice box so he doesn't stutter anymore, I need to fix his showtime programming so he doesn't stop the show halfway through, and then I have to fix his locked up servos. And he needs oil in his joints, they're getting too stiff."

"But that can wait until tomorrow. Sun doesn't have any more shows scheduled for today, so right now, you need to get on a charging station and rest. It's been three days, you've done enough work now."

"Don't you think that should be my decision, Eclipse?"

"You're pushing yourself too hard." His bells ring as he steps closer, one hand coming to rest on my forearm. "It's okay."

"No, it isn't," I growl, quickly losing my patience with him. "That's enough. Go find something to fix, keep yourself busy."

"No, Moon. I'm not going to leave and pretend you're not working yourself to death."

"I'm fine. Leave me alone, now."

"You are not. Brother, Sun wouldn't want-"

"I KNOW!" I snap, the words spilling out before I can stop them. "I know he wouldn't want me working so hard- but you don't have any right to pull me back, because if it weren't for you, HE WOULD BE OKAY!"

In a blind rage, I grab my tool table and throw it into the wall. All of my equipment crashes to the floor in a deafening cacophony, and only silence follows its end.

... Until I hear bells ringing. Eclipse's machinery rattling.

I turn to face him, and in a split second the gravity of what I said hits me like a truck.

He stares at me with a wide-eyed look of absolute devastation, one hand clamped over his mouth as he desperately blinks back tears, all while his whole body shakes uncontrollably.

"I- E- Eclipse, don't cry," I tell him, my tone coming out too harsh and causing my servos to tighten painfully. His voice box makes some weak, staticky whine, something akin to the sound of a dying animal. "I didn't-"

I grab his wrist and he pulls away, backing into the wall. "Eclipse?" He feels along the wall to find the tunnel leading out of Sun's room. "Don't- just wait!"