chapter 21

Moyong Yue hesitated as she entered the old and crumbling room that would be her new dorm. Her blank stare was only broken by the sight of the white robe uniform on her bed. The uniform featured a five-petal plum blossom embroidery on the chest, a symbol of the Mount Hua sect.

As she walked out of her room, she saw the narrow hallway with doors on either side leading to the other students' dormitories. She scanned her surroundings, looking for the exit, but found herself feeling disoriented and lost.

She stepped out into the open air, and she saw him. The same black-haired boy from before stood before her, his gaze fixed on her. Plum blossoms danced and fluttered in the wind, creating a beautiful scene. Moyong Yue sweatdropped awkwardly, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"So... you're my sasuk..." she started the conversation, looking down at the boy. 

"Yes, and although you are older than me, please treat me with respect as I will do so too," he said with a blank, informal expression.

Moyong Yue's eyes twitched at his words. This boy was so disrespectful, treating her as if he was the same age as her. In her mind, she thought "Who does he think he is?" but to her surprise, the boy heard her. He deadpanned and looked at her, "I can hear you."

But she quickly pushed those thoughts away, realizing that her pride wouldn't help her in this situation. Instead, she put on a fake smile and nodded respectfully, "I understand, sasuk!"

Moyong Yue smiled sweetly, her voice dripping with honeyed words, "What is your name?"

She extended a hand, expecting the young gentleman to take it, but he scoffed and turned away. His eyes were cold as the winter sky, and she felt her blood boiling.

"Why would I tell you my name?" he hissed, a frown marring his perfect features.

Moyong Yue's jaw dropped at the disrespect. Did he not know who she was?

The boy continued, "And where is the uniform you were given?"

Moyong Yue's hand balled into a fist, the urge to slap the insolent thing across the face overwhelming her. She took a deep breath, her nails digging into the palm of her hand.

"Don't worry about it, boy," she said, her tone cold and sharp as she walked past him. "I'll wear it whenever I want."

The young, black-haired boy stood before her once again. She could see the anger in his eyes as he raised his voice, "How dare you call me 'boy'? I am Dong-Ryong of Mount Hua! I deserve your respect as your sasuk."

Moyong Yue smirked at him, "I see, my sasuk is named Dong-Ryong. I will remember that forever." She let out a small chuckle, clearly not taking him seriously.

Dong-Ryong's anger only grew as he saw her smirk, his fists clenching tightly. "How dare you mock me?" he yelled, "You must show me proper respect!"

But Moyong Yue was far from intimidated. She waved him goodbye without another word and started to step away. "I'll be off to find my- no I mean sir Moyong Jing," she called over her shoulder. She could hear Dong-Ryong's shouts of anger behind her, but she ignored him and continued on her way, knowing she had the upper hand.

short chapter... sorryy