chapter 10

4 years later

Moyong Yue's sword sliced through the air at full speed, dancing in her delicate hands as if it had a life of its own, faster than anyone her age or older. Her feet seemed to stick to the ground, her legs firmly planted like a mountain, yet she moved like a petal dancing in the spring breeze. Her body was elegant and her stance was graceful, but her sword was deadly and sharp, a perfect balance of beauty and death. 

Even as she sliced and slashed, her movement was fluid and precise, like a deadly blade in sync with the wind. At that moment, Moyong Yue was a sight to behold, a master of her craft and a force to be reckoned with.

Moyong Ri sat in her chair, attentively inspecting her granddaughter's movements. Over the past seven years, she had observed Moyong Yue's training, and the girl had progressed considerably. Moyong Yue's wrists were strong, able to carry ten pounds on rocks strapped to both her ankles and wrists. 

She could see Moyong Yue's sword movements, which were precise and fluid, combining the grace of a second-grade disciple with the fluidity of a first-grade disciple. She watched Moyong Yue continuously, taking in every aspect of her movement.

Moyong Ri continued to observe her granddaughter, taking in every detail of her movements. She saw the way Moyong Yue's stance was solid as if she were a mountain, yet her movement was fluid and graceful like a flower in the wind. Her sword moves were precise and swift, like a deadly blade in the hands of an expert. Moyong Ri knew that Moyong Yue had the potential to become one of the greatest swordsmen the world had ever seen, and she was determined to help her reach that potential.

Moyong Ri slowly rose from her chair and raised her hand, and Moyong Yue immediately halted her movements with a final thrash. She exhaled, taking shallow breaths as she turned to face her grandmother. Moyong Ri's lips were firmly pressed together, her gaze fixed on her granddaughter. "Show me your progress with 'The Will of the Spectre' technique," she said, her voice serious. 

Moyong Yue nodded her head and turned away, her mind racing back to the memories of her grandmother showing her three techniques before, but only demonstrating each one once. She had to figure out how to perform the techniques herself, and she eventually found them after studying ancient texts. "Okay!" she exclaimed, ready to show her grandmother her hard work and skill.

Moyong Yue raised her sword above her head, her internal qi flowing into its blade. She moved her sword in a fluid motion, creating two illusory copies of the sword that accompanied her movements. She felt the air swirling around her as she moved, a testament to the depth of her strength. 

In a single movement, she slashed at the air nearly 10,000 times, demonstrating her remarkable speed and skill. The display was breathtaking, a true testament to her hard work and dedication to mastering the ancient techniques.

Moyong Yue's movements were a mesmerizing sight. Her sword, imbued with an unnatural, haunting energy, cut through the air as if it weren't even there. The sword generated illusions of itself, making it seem like there were multiple blades cutting through the air at once. Moyong Yue's expression remained serene, her stance a perfect balance of power and grace. 

The illusionary swords began to move more rapidly, slashing the air with a speed and precision that could be difficult for a normal human to comprehend. Moyong Yue's blade was now moving at a rate of nearly ten thousand strikes per minute, each one leaving a momentary shimmer in the air where it struck. Moyong Ri's expression was one of pride and admiration. 

She knew that the technique her granddaughter was performing was one of the most advanced and powerful techniques ever developed, and to see it performed so effortlessly was a sporadic and awe-inspiring experience.