Chapter 37: Worthy

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- January 22nd, 2025 - Kawagoe City - Saitama Prefecture -

The Shinai swung down, raised up, and down again. The birds chirped beautifully in the open, the air was fresh but not cold. And the sun shined brightly upon the backyard of the Kiragaya residence. Dressed in her white kendo gi and her navy blue hamaka, she swung her wooden kendo stick out in the open. Normally while practicing kendo on her own, her mind would be concentrated on her future, whether that be about her future career or future kendo tournaments. Of course, she would think about ALO here and there.

But lately, she had been thinking a lot more about ALO, especially her recent party member, the Goblin Slayer. She thinks back to his feats of strength, speed, and skill with the blade. Thanks to her years of practice with kendo, it gave her an upper hand when playing ALO. But so far, it seems insignificant compared to the Goblin Slayer.

From her interactions with him, she can confidently say that he is new to ALfheim Online. He didn't know how to cast spells, the game's map, and terrain, but the biggest giveaway was that he didn't know how to fly, which resulted in his flying skills being average at best.

So, putting all the facts together, it still doesn't explain why he is so good at fighting. While it could be possible that he has much more experience in swordplay IRL, it shouldn't correlate or immediately transfer over to ALO.

Swinging her Shinai down one last time, she stopped to take a breath.

The sliding door to the house on her left opened

The sliding door to the house on her left opened. Turning, she saw her brother walk out with a smile and a cold beverage in hand.

Kazuto: Good morning Sugu, finally taking a break?

He hands her the beverage, trading it for the wooden stick. Opening the cold water bottle and sitting down on the steps, she drank.

Suguha: How long have you known I've been out here?

Kazuto: Not long.

He held the handle of the stick, holding it out in front of him. With the handles being longer than he's used to, he held it with both hands. Giving it a quick swing, he looked perplexed.

Kazuto: ...It's light.

She pulled away from the bottle to stare at him.

Suguha: That's a true bamboo blade, so it's on the heavy side. The carbon fiber ones are almost two ounces lighter.