Chapter 10: Act of Kindness

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- December 24, 2022 - 4th Floor - Boss Dungeon -

The sun shined over an arena where multiple warriors are fighting a giant tree monster. Apparently, the boss room was not in a regular dungeon but inside a gladiator arena in the forest.

 Apparently, the boss room was not in a regular dungeon but inside a gladiator arena in the forest

Kirito: Its health is at its last bar! Squad D fall back! Ares, Switch!

The black-haired boy yelled, immediately two players run past him. An armored player flies past and strikes the boss, leaving a giant slash on its chest.

Ares: Asuna! Switch!

He jumps back and a cloaked figure takes his place and strikes the beast. With their combined attack, the last of its health depletes completely and it explodes into crystals.

The <<Congratulations>> Icon appears overhead and the guilds cheer in celebration.

They both sheath their blades as they hear footsteps heading towards them.

Kirito: Nice job you two, was kinda worried there for a second.

Asuna: I guess you were somewhat helpful this time around.

The swordswoman spoke as she crossed her arms and turned her head elsewhere.

Kirito: Hm... Well I got to go talk to the guilds about the distribution of XP, Merry Christmas you two.

He says as he begins to walk away. The duo begins to walk away towards the large gate that connects to the 5th floor.

Asuna: *Thoughts* I almost forgot, tomorrow's Christmas. I don't have anything planned since we've been focused on fighting, I wonder if we are going to continue to explore.

They arrive at the teleport gate and activate it.

Asuna: Alright it's ready. Now what?

Ares: Now, you have the rest of the day off. I have something planned tonight.

He began to open his menu and check through his items. The news saddened the chestnut-haired girl as begins to think that she'll pass Christmas alone.

Asuna: Oh... so what are doing?