Chapter 5: Swordswoman

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- November 27, 2022 - 1st Floor - West Field -

The virtual sun shined down on the green grass of the west field on the first floor of Aincrad. The sound of metal hitting wood was heard and finally, the sound of a body hitting the floor followed by a grunt was heard. The female began to get up and stopped when the top of the wooden blade was at her forehead.

Ares: You have been improving.

He pulls his wooden blade back and puts out his hand, she takes it and is pulled to her feet. She wore her cloak today, more for a aesthetic appeal than anything else, but she has an idea in mind for later.

Asuna: Thank you, but it is not good enough.

Ares: Repetition makes perfection, trust me on that.

Asuna: I see, let's go again.

He nods and holds the sword as if he pulls back on a bow and his other arm pointed straight ahead. He dashes and begins to swing attacks while the chestnut-haired girl blocks them and swings a couple of her own. She jump-spins forward and mid-swing she sees that he has his sword lowered, not even attempting to avoid her attack. She panics and misses her swing on purpose in order to not strike him.

She lands and feels a wooden blade at the back of her neck

Ares: Lesson number 19: Notice deception. Your opponent will lie and make you fumble, just like I did. He will use this to strike you down so you must be aware of when a lie is being told.

He draws his blade back and she rises.

Asuna: I don't think mobs will lie about their movements.

Ares: I was not talking about mobs, I was talking about players.

Asuna: Players? As in, killers?

Ares: Yes, PKers. Player killers or red players as they call themselves are the second-worst thing this has game brought. In an ordinary video game, players have the option to choose as playing the villain, and they grow satisfaction in doing so. But Sword Art Online is a death trap, and killing another player gives them equal satisfaction, you can notice one by their orange icon above them.