Chapter 30: The End of the World

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it.

3rd Person POV

口ㄗモれ工れム

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- November 7, 2024 - 55th Floor - Granzam -

Asuna: The recon team was wiped out?!

The swordswoman and her husband stood before the Knights of the Blood's highest-ranked members.

Heathcliff: They were scouting for the upcoming boss fight. It was a party of twenty members, taken from 5 different guilds. They had scouted with the utmost care. Ten of them had stayed outside the boss's room as reserves... but when the first ten entered and reached the center of the room, the gates closed just as the boss appeared. According to the reports of the ten who waited outside, the doors stayed closed for over five minutes, and nothing they did, including lockpicking or bashing the door, had any effect. By the time the door had finally opened -- There was nobody in the room. The boss and the ten players had disappeared. There was no sign of teleportation. They didn't return... and I sent somebody to check the death list on the metallic monument inside Black Iron Palace for confirmation...

Asuna: ...Ten players... How did this happen?

Ares: ...They walked into an anti-crystal zone.

She turned to look at him as he answered, his hand tightened at the thought.

Heathcliff: Precisely. According to Asuna's report, the 74th floor was the same, so it's highly probable that every boss room from now on would all have anti-crystal fields. Now more than ever, clearing the game should be everyone's number one priority. We are going to launch, with the largest group we can assemble.

Ares: You can count on us fighting with you...

Heathcliff: I look forward to your achievements on the battlefield. The assault will begin in three hours. Thirty-two people, including you two, are expected to participate. We will meet in front of the teleport gate in Collinia on the 75th floor at one o'clock. You are dismissed.

-TimeSkip-

The empty meeting room shined thanks to its tall windows, allowing the sun to enter and light up the room. The swordswoman sat on the desk, while her husband leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, both in silence.